“Tasty food, but the service leaves something to be desired” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 43 Restaurants in Clear Lake
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Description: Bennigan's restaurant and bar at the Best Western hotel off I-35 in Clear Lake, Iowa is an upbeat and relaxing place to kick back and experience
the genuine spirit of Irish Hospitality! Enjoy craveable, crowd-pleasing food, ice cold beers,
specialty drinks and wines. Our restaurant offers longtime Bennigan's favorites like our Kilkenny’s Country Chicken Wrap and decadent Monte Cristo with innovative new American fare selections and famous Burgers! Check out our daily Food and Drink Specials!
Des Moines
“Tasty food, but the service leaves something to be desired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stopped in for dinner for my birthday. The hostess was extremely rude and clearly did not want to be there. She was chewing gum like a cow chewing cud and was filled with eye-rolling and condescending phrases for us. Oh, did I mention her uniform was visibly dirty? The server was friendly, but she did nothing for the birthday. I do not know if they changed their birthday policy, but we will go to a different restaurant next year. The food was good and very fast. The server very quickly presented us with out check, too, almost to the point that it felt like we were being given the bum's rush. The food was tasty, and the server has hope, but if I were a manager I would NOT have that hostess doing anything other than washing dishes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Meservey, Iowa, United States
“suprise party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I like the monte criscos. The price is a little higher, but for a special occasion it's worth it. Not tempted to come too often thoough. Just not enough variety for a picky eater like me.

Webster City, Iowa, USA
“Worst Fish & Chips ever!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I in general am a fan of Bennigan's. They have a great Potato Soup, one of the best. But I had the most greasy and disgusting Fish & Chips in my career of eating F & C's. I would not be afraid of Bennigan's, but steer clear of the Fish & Chips.

Independence
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place to eat Food is always good and hot. Daily specials are always a good buy. Service is normally really good.

Visited March 2013
Minnesota
“good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After reading about the slow service in some of the reviews- we were wondering- but happy to say we had a good experience from the time we were seated to the time we left- orders were taken, drinks and meals served, and check presented and paid in a timely fashion- my Reuben sandwich was one of the best I have ever eaten and my husband's flat iron steak was cooked the way he wanted it. the only thing wrong is that our drinks and water were served on a bare table without coasters and they drippe condensation on the table- when we asked the waitress she brought us a pile of napkins to put under the glasses. All is good

• Visited March 2013