“OK for most items - wifi doesn't work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3243 Southridge Drive SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 36 hotels in Cedar Rapids
PA
“OK for most items - wifi doesn't work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Cedar Rapids for 3 days, as we were taking our daughter to college in Iowa. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The rooms were OK, but they don't have closets, so no place to hang clothes. We stayed on the third floor, west side, and did not notice any highway noise from I-380. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There is no breakfast to speak of - just slices of bread, a toaster, and coffee. Use the Perkins across the road. The pool was nice in the August heat. The air conditioning worked just fine. The hotel is being renovated (as of August 2013), so there are workers painting and improving the hotel. The main reason I don't rate the hotel higher is their wi-fi doesn't work, either in the rooms or in the lobby. When I asked the staff about it, the manager brought out her laptop and showed me that it worked, on her laptop. My laptop has BlueCoat security, which cannot get past their wi-fi access point. I wanted to watch Netflix in the room, and I desperately needed to order auto parts for my other daughter in New York. No dice on the wi-fi. So I went next door to the Economy Inn and Suites, and their staff let me use their wi-fi even though I was not a guest! My laptop worked just fine in the Economy Inn lobby.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side, away from the I-380 highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Our goal is to be clean, safe, comfortable, and economical for travelers, such as yourself. I am not an IT person, so I don't know how to resolve conflicts between a guests security sysem and that of the hotel.

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Devizes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have just spent four nights staying at this hotel. It was an excellent choice for me. The staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful and right a way I felt welcome. Those at the reception were extremely helpful and were prepared to offer help in all manner of things no matter how trivial. My room was spacious and comfortable and meticulously cleaned every day. The bathroom was spacious and by far the biggest I have seen in any hotel. The breakfast was certainly adequate as a good start for the day. The hotel is well situated having east access to Interstate 380 and there are plenty of good eating establishments within a short walking distance. Right next door to the hotel is Casey's General Store with a filling station for the car. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any visitor and if I am ever in the vicinity again it will be my first choice

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, September 20, 2013

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Our goal is to be clean, safe, comfortable, and economical for travelers, such as yourself. We are happy to know from your review we are meeting your needs which is our goal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel and awesome staff. Miss Cheryl and her staff go above and beyond. I have stayed at other hotels and this red roof is the best. Pleasant and efficient check in process. I travel with pets and always feel welcome from the moment I walk in to the lobby. Great jump start to my day with the free continental breakfast offered. The newly upgraded rooms are beautiful. Beds are so very comfortable. Amazing value at a budget friendly price. Close to restaurants. Day or night the staff is there if you need them. Always greeted with a smile.

• Stayed September 2013
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Misfit n Jake,

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and your pets in your future travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Always greeted with a smile. The staff are excellent. Rooms are awesome and very comfortable. From the front desk clerks to the housekeeping staff I feel welcomed and like I am among friends. Myself and my pets recommend this hotel to anyone looking for good prices and friendly faces. Management is above and beyond compare to others. Always striving to see you are happy and taken care of.

Dear TJ Trucking,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff here make your stay pleasent and charming they are nice and respectful great price beds are super comfortable breakfast is what you pay for if u want a nice place to lay your head down for a nice price this is the place to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to commend Cheryl DuCharme the manager for going above and beyond with her helpfulness with our stay. The hotel is run with great care and pride. Our stay was wonderful from the beginning through the end. Thank you again Cheryl for all of your help.

• Stayed September 2013
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Jstraley,

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Palo IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Friendly front staff especially Sheryl's smile and Lynn's helpfulness in finding my room. Thanks and I will definitely come back! Location is superb and staff very helpful in suggesting places to eat. The pool was sparkling clean and very inviting on a hot summer's day. I had a good rest and would definitely come back in the future, I highly recommend this Inn and the price's you just can't beat compared to the surrounding places to stay this is worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Cheryl Du Charme

Been to Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!