“A Nice Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Roland
“A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We traveled to Cedar Rapids for Thanksgiving with relatives and we were pleasantly surprised to find this hotel on the north side of the city. After taking over the property, the new owners had totally remodeled this hotel, inside and out. The result was very impressive. The staff was courteous and helpful and the breakfast looked great. (We ate light as we were headed for Thanksgiving dinner!). We will definitely return on our next stay in Cedar Rapids.

Room Tip: We had a regular room near the elevator and it cut the walk time back to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnSuitesCR, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear James,

Thank you for your feedback and positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. I am so pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful, especially during such a special occasion as Thanksgiving.

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion with us. We hope to see you again soon!!!

With warm regards,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My main concern with this hotel has to do with housekeeping. On the day of my departure I folded the sofa bed with the coverlet inside of it because it was used as additional covering on the bed. I didn’t think nothing of it when I folded the mattress because housekeeping would change the sheets and find it there. Well, was I wrong! 1 week after checking out of the hotel, there was a charge on my bank statement for $75. I immediately call the hotel on 12/7/2014 @ 8:28 am. I questioned the clerk about the charges and she claimed that she didn’t know what it was for, but I should call back the next day after 3pm when the manager will be in the office. I explained to her that I was going to call my bank and place a hold on the charge. Only then did she offer to explain to me that she “overheard” them talking about it and someone tried to call me several times because the coverlet for the bed was missing. I explained to her that I never received a phone call nor did I steal the coverlet. She went on to tell me that there’s nothing that she could do and to call back tomorrow. I find it rather strange that the hotel was able to reach me to confirm my reservation by phone prior to me arrival, but all of a sudden my phone number is wrong. I called back to the hotel on Monday, December 8 around 3:40 pm and spoke with Penny about the charge. She explained that the coverlet was missing from the room. I told her that if her housekeepers were doing their job, they would’ve found it in the sofa bed. Maybe it’s wrong for me to assume that the sheets would be changed on the sofa bed after guests checked out. I just thought that was customary. She immediately sent someone up to the room to check for the coverlet and it was there. She apologized and did a refund. So beware of the sheets on the sofa bed because I’m not sure if this was an isolated incident at this hotel or if it’s customary.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnSuitesCR, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tanya,

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review of Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. I appreciate you bringing your issues to my attention and you are correct clean rooms should be expected. We strive to provide each of our guests with a superior experience, therefore I will be using in information you provided to improve overall operations so that we may provide our guests with a superior experience in the future.

Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future and hope you will consider giving us a second try.

Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed everything about the hotel. It has recently been updated, and you can tell. The room was clean, and bed was very comfortable, with alot of pillows. A nice touch was the fridge and microwave. Very quiet stay, slept really well, and would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnSuitesCR, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear iowadux,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted to know that you chose to stay with us and that your stay was up to your satisfaction. We are glad to know that you found our rooms to be clean, beds to be comfortable, and staff to be very helpful.

We do take pride in what we do and always are looking for ways to improve and make each of guests experience memorable and enjoyable.

Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future - hopefully not in so stormy weather!!!.

Kind Regards,
fond du lac, wis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review is for the 2025 Werner location. A group of Badger fans stay here each year for the Iowa game. Recently renovated with a new dining, exercise and pool area we wete pleasantly surprised. For the group rate price it was very nice and close to hwy access.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
ComfortInnSuitesCR, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear dwatanab,

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn. The rooms were very clean, beds were awesome and it nice and quiet. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were also clean and fun for the family! Great value for the price. I would recommend this hotel for any type of trip you are taking to the Cedar Rapids area.

Stayed November 2014
Ephraim, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

I have stayed in Cedar Rapids several times, usually choosing a higher rated hotel. I took a chance on this one based on the most recent reviews. The price was much more reasonable than other hotels in the area. The poor reviews are not recent and unfortunately, drag the rating down for this fine hotel down. The pluses- Very clean, good mattresses for a comfortable sleep, excellent breakfast- eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancake machine, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereals- both hot and cold, juices, coffee, breads, etc. Enough to satisfy any appetite. The management is very friendly. An added bonus- a manager's reception in the evening with a complimentary meal- 2 types of soup, wonderful homemade rolls, lemonade. There's also fresh cookies at the reception desk and a complimentary newspaper. I would highly recommend this place if you're traveling to Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Since the Hawthorn Suites was bought out by Country Inns and the prices skyrocketed, I have been looking for another hotel in the Cedar Rapids area. After several passable stays at other properties I booked a night at this property. Needless to say I was very pleased. The property is in excellent condition having been recently refurbished. Clean lobby, great grounds, snacks upon arrival, complementary dinner snacks, decent breakfast, room was clean and stylish. The internet connection was good as well. I will be staying there again in the future provided that the nightly rate stays in the $80 range.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ComfortInnSuitesCR, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review, we are pleased we could become your new hotel of choice in the Cedar Rapids area. Comfort Inn & Suites other amenities you may enjoy are Indoor Heated Pool and Spa, Fitness Center and our Outdoor Gazebo with Barbecue Grill for guests use. Also for travelers with Children we offer a Free Game Room featuring PS4 and XboxOne. We look forward to seeing you on your next Trip to Comfort Inn & Suites of Cedar Rapids, IA!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!