“Nice suite met our need” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice suite met our need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

It's very nice to have the kitchenette available with a full fridge and sink. The 'living room' concept works great when traveling with family. The king size bed slept comfortably.

We were a little concerned after checking in, given that the crazy-busy hallway carpet and very small elevator don't give the greatest first impression, but once arriving at our room, we found it to be what you'd expect in the typical Residence Inn. Breakfast was the typical hotel Continental fair.

I always appreciate properties that allow you to leave the furnace fan run in order to drown out any other noises. Climate control was good with a full digital thermostat. Wacky Iowa weather meant that we needed both AC and heat during our stay. Both functioned great.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room - they put us on the 3rd floor - parking lot/entrance side. No noticeable...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

When we got to our room we were initially very pleased. The room was spacious and tidy. The amenities seemed great. We had no problem until I woke up after the first night of our stay to find tiny little ants crawling all over the bedside table and on my phone, iPad and a bottle of water that was on the table. We called and the gal at the desk was very apologetic and sent someone from maintenance. He told us they had another room with ants the previous week and sprayed bug spray while we were standing in the room. We called back and er quested a room change which we got.
The rest of our stay went down hill. The whirlpool was cold - I don't mean cool, I mean cold (we went up and took hot showers after). When I came out to tell someone about it, there was no one at the desk. One of the days, at breakfast someone knocked over a cup of plastic silverware on the counter. The gal working in the area said, loudly and rudely, "Jesus Christ!" while going over to help pick it up.
Our room was not 100% put back to rights on the next to last day. The bed was made and the towels picked up, but we were not provided fresh soap and the toilet paper was left so low that we were down to the last few squares the morning we left.
I planned to give all of this information at check out, but the gal who checked us out literally did not ask us a single thing about our stay. In fact, she did not get up from sitting half of the counter when I can up to the desk until I specifically asked if she was the one who needed to check us out. And, the kicker, I found some little ants in my bag that was on the problem side of our first room when we got home.
I am very glad that we got a Priceline deal price on this stay, though it almost seems like even that was too much to have paid. It was not a horrible stay, all told. The second room was fine and they do move us when we asked. I'm not left disgusted with their service experience, but certainly not wowed. The entire stay can be summed up by saying they did just what they needed to do and not one thing more. I most certainly won't stay at this location again and will hesitate to use Priceline at that star level in Cedar Rapids for fear that I'll end up with this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the first level rooms against the east entrance.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear IowaDiva,
Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Cedar Rapids. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to impress our guests, and it sounds like we certainly came up short. I have shared your review with my entire staff to use as a training opportunity to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to change your mind and earn back your business on your next trip to Cedar Rapids.

Angee B.
Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel is very clean, spacious, and comfortable. The rooms are very attractive. They provide free breakfast and dinner. You cuold easily live herefor long periods of time and have everything you need. The best part is that after 9 days, I contacted them because I could not find an important business envelope. They not only had kept it, but also had my cell phone charger, and a pari of socks. Who would have thought in this day and age!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 9 months while on business. The grounds are clean and well-kept, and they've recently renovated the rooms so they look great. The housekeeping staff, specifically Judy, were always really good to see us.

The staff was also great. From Angie down to the rest of the staff, they always make a personal connection. They even got us a "Christmas gift" of a wrapped case of french vanilla creamer because we drank so much coffee!

Thanks guys. Keep up the great work.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Booked a double room for my daughters 13th bday party sleep over. Angie was beyond wonderful in her handling of everything from the reservation to the actual stay. The hotel was very clean. The hotel is easily accessible to shopping and the highway. Angie and her staff were the best. I plan on sending everyone that I know their direction when in town and looking for a hotel room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here earlier this year and had a great experience. The rooms were very spacious, clean, and modern. The housekeeping supervisor working our floor allowed us to have a little bit of a later check out and provided additional amenities. She was extremely friendly and clearly enjoyed her job. I love seeing that when I travel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed the Residence Inn in March and we loved it so much, we returned in October. Breakfast and Manager dinners are Excellent! My daughter is pretty picky and she ate everything. The rooms are very clean and quiet. Once in a mile a dog downstairs was heard barking but what hotel does not have some noise? Anyway, didn't bother us. Service was great and friendly. We would definetly recommend and stay their again.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor each stay and it worked out for us.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!