“Great two-bedroom suite” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Great two-bedroom suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

In town for a high school sporting event, I stayed here with another mother. Lovely rooms and very quiet. We were able to eat breakfast earlier than scheduled when the manager indicated we could come down early for cold items. Thank you!
Only negative part of our stay was very large crowd of smokers (15 or more) attending an event in the lobby on Saturday. Due to rainy conditions they were standing in doorway creating clouds of smoke, ugh.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here while in town for a family reunion spread over several days. The whole place was completely renovated in the last year and it shows -- the rooms are very pretty, with light, airy window coverings (though you can pull the blackout drapes at night) and contemporary color schemes. It was great having a kitchen to make a few salads in for the family get-togethers; the kitchen even lent me tools if I needed them, and offered to let me bake in their oven if necessary. (Some of the rooms have kitchens with ovens, but ours didn't.) The king-size bed was very comfortable, and everything was spotless. The staff was very friendly and suggested a nearby park (Noel Ridge -- only a block away or less) with a great walking trail for our morning walk. This will be our home-away-from-home anytime we're in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great suites !
Stayed in one bedroom king suite, which was new, clean and very comfortable.
Rooms not the biggest we have stayed in but fine for us ( two adults, 2 year old & 2 month old )
We didn't have the light dinner provided for weeknights but the breakfast was very good.
Nightly rate was very reasonable but very good with military discount ... thank you !

• Stayed September 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a great place to stay for business. The suites are very nice with King beds and kitchenettes. They serve breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday. The staff is really helpful, they sell goodies and frozen dinners in the lobby. I have no complaints and this is my first choice of hotels in Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have been at the hotel several times for business and have really enjoyed each trip. The rooms are spacious and contemporary. It looks like they may have renovated the rooms recently. The breakfast is great if you don't want to cook in your room. During the week they offer a happy hour with a meal. There have been nights coming home from work where I don't want to cook or go out for dinner. I have eaten the food provided and have been pleased each time.

I was a bit skeptical about having pets in the hotel, but can say that I haven't noticed odors like some have previously. The staff is very friendly.

I have used the exercise room and the equipment is clean and seems to be high quality (much better than other hotels have that I have stayed).

The location is great, near many restaurants. There are also shopping centers and a mall a short drive (<10 mins) away. When I am in Cedar Rapids I will ALWAYS be back to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent establishment. Courteous, attentive and helpful staff. The breakfast is substantial and quite good. The rooms have recently been upgraded and the entire placeappears clean and well-attended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Des Moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you are looking for a FAMILY-FRIENDLY hotel at about the $100-150 price point per night, this is your hotel.

We checked in to the hotel with a large group staying for the state baseball tournament on June 22nd, with a ton of kids in tow. The staff was EXCELLENT. We were trying to figure out who was staying the next night, etc. and they answered my questions with the best customer service, being extremely helpful.

There is no outdoor pool, which is a little diappointing, but there is an indoor one if you don't mind not really being able to breathe (it is SO hot in there with the jacuzzi). There is a half basketball court was great, but we absolutely LOVED the outdoor patio. I have not been to a hotel that has such a nice setup for the guest who just wants to relax and keep it casual. We could watch the kids in the pool through the window, flare up the fire pit and there was a grill to use. It was the PERFECT way to unwind after a long day of baseball and allowed us all to hang out without having to leave the hotel. The older kids would go up to bed and watch a movie while the adults hung out on the patio for a while at night. The area was safe and we had no issues whatsoever. It was so relaxing and just what we needed!

The rooms were beautiful, especially for the price and the bed was very comfortable. The whole place was relatively clean and in the 2-room suites, there is a flat screen in both rooms. The suite was setup for 4 (king bed and pull-out couch), but you needed more pillows, towels, and blankets than what were provided in the room. The front-desk was excellent though at helping us.

The Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo and conditioner was a great touch, though no body wash was provided, so don't forget to bring some if you stay here! The kitchenette was excellent and had a full-sized fridge, dishwasher, small stove, dishes, etc. We were also two doors down from the laundry, which was GREAT when each boy only has one uniform for a 3-day out of town tournament! The washer was fine, but the dryer took two cycles to dry. At $1.25 per wash load and for each dryer cycle, plus $0.50 for detergent, I think $4.25 is a little steep for one load of laundry. Bringing detergent with you and hang-drying a bit would help, but the fact that there was a laundry on-site, however overpriced, was fantastic.

I wish the bathrooms were a little larger. I am a slight germaphobe, so not being able to get out of the shower without rubbing up against the tub or the wall or the toilet in order to open the door was not appealing. Though there is a full-size hairdryer (not a mini one attached to the wall) so that was good.

The walls are also very thin. The people in the room next to us weren't too loud and we weren't bothered in our sleep or anything, but we did wake up when they got up at 5am to take a shower, the water running was loud in the bedroom. My husband slept right through it though, so maybe it was just me.

Overall, I thought for the price, it was a great stay. If the rooms were a little cheaper, that would make it better, but they are nice, so didn't think it was horrible. I would stay here again and have already recommended it to friends. Unless you want to go to the $200+ per night price point, you aren't going to find better than this Residence Inn and you definitely won't find a hotel with such a great patio! I won't stay anywhere else in Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!