“Work trip” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
DeForest, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Was passing through Cedar Rapids while traveling and stayed for the night. Great location to downtown and right off the interstate. Rooms had been remodeled recently and were very nice. Bed was very comfortable. We got in late and there was fresh coffee in the lobby which was a wonderful surprise for us since we drink coffee all day long and was nice to have fresh coffee when we arrived. Staff was very nice during our entire stay. Great price and a great location. I will definately stay here again when passing through Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The rooms have been nicely remodeled with a modern feel to them. The king bed was very comfortable and the wife and slept very well. The TV was a LCD/Plasma type and was good quality with one of those remotes that can be cleaned easily. Its all the little things that add up to make a hotel an enjoyable place to stay at. The room was very clean.

Room Tip: This is one of the few hotels in Cedar Rapids that has an actual restaurant attached.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gary p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Larchwood, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Upon arrival, both of the guys at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. That is where the service stopped for the time being. I was having a hard time getting into the building with my luggage cart and my dog and they did not offer to help. One of the gentleman at the front desk had some unpleasant and unprofessional things to say about my dog and I became very upset and angry. I went to my room and the room was nice, beds comfy and very clean. Even though I was upset wtih my encounter wtih the gentleman at the front desk I still probably would have stayed here again due to price/location. The next morning I left and upon my return the front desk guy told me he had something for me. The staff had went out and bought an entire bag full of treats and toys for my dog to make up for what had happened the night before. I did not expect them to do anything and was very surprised and happy that they did. I have told multiple people about the experience that I had and everyone has been surprised as well at what they did to ensure to me that my dog was welcome and that they recognized that they could have handled the situation much better. Working in the hospitality industry myself I was very impresssed that they realized they made a mistake and went above and beyond to fix it. Thank you staff of Best Western and the lady in housekeeping who was also very friendly to me and my dog Romy. He has enjoyed some of his treats and he loves the tennis balls! We will be back when staying in Cedar Rapids again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked 4 rooms for our crew and had to reschedule 3 times due to job issues. Hotel staff was very accommodating. Checked in and have had NO issues with billing, key cards not working, items not working in rooms, cleanliness or house services. Everything is just peachy and almost everything we've asked for we've gotten. Still waiting on the Monster Fridge from Gary though. :)

Room Tip: Since I only have stayed in one my opinion must be slightly skewed. I like the south side since it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay and the staff at check was very polite and recognized my status as a diamond member. Just a few comments on cleaning staff. When I got up in the am I found the in room coffee packets were open and gone leaveing me with decaf and towels were under stocked and I didn't think to look untill I got out of the shower. Also I spotted hair in the shower and on the bed. I know it's hard to see every hair in the room but its one of those things I hate to see. Only other prob was a shower head about five and a half inches up and I'm six foot. Nice place to stay I hope the cleaning crew can step it up a notch.

• Stayed March 2013
garry p, Manager at BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear JC,

Thank you for bringing the fore-mentioned challenges to our attention. We have had a meeting with our housekeeping staff to stress the importance of quality assurance for every guest. We here at the Best Western Cooper's Mill Hotel pledge to continue to strive and deliver a quality stay for each and every guest. I thank you for your feed back and apologize for your less than perfect stay. Gary P.
Lomira, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here while passing thru the area. Found using my GPS search, made the call & booked per phone conversation. The clerk on duty gave me one rate on the phone, then was going to charge another when I checked in, but was gracious enough to give me a corporate rate since my company does have a deal setup. He was very pleasant to work with however!! Room was great, bed very comfortable, did not use the pool, hot tub or restaraunt features though. Did hear some traffic noise & people outside leaving the bar area. Other than that, would certainly recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Cooper's Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!