“I like this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
omaha
“I like this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stay in hotels around 75 nights a year so expect a certain standard. I have stayed here 5 times and never had a bad experience. The rooms are decent size and I have never had any noise issues. They always give me a coupon for breakfast on the top floor which is very good in fact now I think of it probably one of the better Hilton breakfast's. I always park on the street a block away which I suppose could be a bit dangerous from a break in stand point but have never had a problem. It gets 4 stars because I save 5 stars for hotels that wow me.

Room Tip: I always get a room facing the front which has a bit of a view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had a blast at the hotel, plenty to do around the area. The staff were great and very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. My only gripe was the train was very loud that run next to the hotel and the other guest that were being very loud while what appeared to sound like they were having sex. It made my guest feel very uncomfortable during the time we were trying to sleep. Other than that I would stay there again if I were by myself and in town for a night.

Room Tip: stay away from the train tracks side and go as high as you can for the best view
Dubuque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was greeted on arrival and assisted with my luggage. Very courteous and professional. Would stay here again. The room was spacious and it accomodated our whole family. Our room was right by the elevators but did not hear these at all during our stay. The hotel was right across the street from the TCR theater where we saw Shrek. We went to dinner at a local restaurant a block from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The doubletree is conveniently located downtown. There are several great restaurants within walking distance (recommend the White Star) as well as excellent food in the hotel restaurant on the 16th floor. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The only con to this very nice hotel is that the first night of our stay there was a train that blew it's horn constantly all night long (think of the movie My Cousin Vinnie) right next to the hotel. The second night we only heard the train in the evening and the morning (got some sleep this night). The staff was great at the hotel as well; very friendly and helpful. As nice as the hotel was, I would not stay there again as I am a light sleeper and all I can say is "TRAIN!!!"

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While in CR for my daughter's recent wedding, the staff at the Doubletree made our visit an outstanding experience. They helped arrange several family members' rooms in proximity to one another upon my check-in. Any request or question we asked for the five days I was in town was quickly answered to my satisfaction. I can't imagine my family and I could have made a better choice of hotel in town.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Vestal, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have Celiac Disease which concerns me anytime that I travel. I was in Cedar Rapids for business of which all of our meals were handled by the DoubleTree Catering team (Travis Faust and his team). I made a request to my facilitators that I needed to eat only Gluten Free and this request was executed to perfection from Travis and his team of servers and Chefs (special thanks to Chef Nadine)

San Diego, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I like that they have renovated the hotel since the flood. Nicely done inside. Restaurant is pretty good. Small menu. A little overpriced, but OK. But I won't stay there again because the trains kept waking me up going through town in the early hours of the morning.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex

Address: 350 First Avenue NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Location: United States > Iowa > Cedar Rapids
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex 3.5*
Located in the heart of downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex is connected to U.S. Cellular Arena and the new U.S. Cellular Convention Center. Perfect for business or leisure travelers, the hotel offers an indoor swimming pool and modern 24-hour fitness center, along with over 80,000 sq ft of meeting and banquet space. Enjoy great location from our hotel near Kinnick Stadium, 30 minutes away! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.