“Walked away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Crosby
“Walked away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We are Hilton Honors members and have enjoyed staying at Hampton Inns in the past. Traveling through Cedar Rapids, IA 3/31/13, we pulled up to stay at the Hampton Inn. The first thing I noticed was a very heavy odor of cleaning products. I asked the person on duty about a room for 2 and inquired about the price and any discounts. He quoted a price of $119. When I asked about retired military, he snidely repeated the $119 price (we have received military discounts at other Hampton Inns but he didn't even check). Because he was so rude and condescending, we left and stayed across the road at the Fairfield Marriot which was a very good place to stay with a very reasonable discounted price.

Room Tip: Since we ended up leaving, I couldn't rate the hotel. If you are treated rudely and don't ge...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Carrie Ewart
Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel was very clean, the beds were very comfortable, the hotel staff was very friendly & the complimentary breakfast was great! I will definitely stay there again if I return to Cedar Rapids, Iowa!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I arrived to the Hotel sick with the flu, even had to go to the hospital during my stay. The staff took it upon themselves to make sure that I had fluids, food, and medication. (I'm sure that they didn't want me dying in a room..) They went to the store, the pharmacist, and then another store on different days to make sure that my recovery went well. They even insisted that I got into clean linens daily to get rid of germs. 1500 miles from home, alone, and with a serious flu. They saved me. I am in debited to this awesome staff. Thank you all!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel traveling through to Tennessee. It was located closeclose to the freeway. Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. The pool area was nice. Breakfast was ok, nothing to Brag about. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This HI is a great experience in every way with a very clean, fresh smelling room, freshly laundered duvet cover and sheets, great place to work, work out, play, friendly staff, reasonably priced except the bed was uncomfortable. Balance that feedback with the fact that I have back problems. Make up your own mind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here with my two young children for a weekend getaway. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the beds were very comfortable, and my kids loved the pool. At breakfast my picky eaters had plenty to choose from. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: 1st floor is closest to the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oskaloosa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I enjoyed the freshness and cleanliness of the room. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a good night rest on any sort of travel. The staff was friendly and ready to help. At my next stay at a Hampton Inn, I will know the hotel has good quality.

Room Tip: I didn't make prearrangements for a room, but the room assigned to me on arrival had no problems...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!