“Days Inn Cedar Rapids” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 36 hotels in Cedar Rapids
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
“Days Inn Cedar Rapids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Friendly Staff - but there was a broken light fixture next to bed that should have been fixed. Otherwise nice and comfortable room. Would stay again. Convenient location for shopping, dining and getting around town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
dayscdr, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for the great response. My staff and I worked hard to make this wonderful. We appreciate the spectacular review you wrote on trip advisor. Thanks again for the awesome response.

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I wanted to give this property a higher rating but our stay started out with an issue. When we arrived at our room we opened the door and thought it was odd that the TV was on.....and there was someone in the bed. Embarrassing for both of us! We were double booked into the same room by the front desk! This should NEVER happen in a hotel! We went to the front desk and were offered a room upgrade but still felt that security may not be what it should be. Apparently this wasn't the first time this happened that day. To no fault of the hotel, there was also a baseball tournament in town and there were several teams booked at hotel. There were quite a few kids wondering around the hotel without parental supervision and hanging out in the hallways. We took our 5 and 7 year old to the pool and there must have been 50 people in there (baseball tournament). Normally not a problem and not the hotel's problem. The issue was again that there wasn't any parental supervision even in the pool. When mentioning this to the front desk, we were told that they are not babysitters. Agreed, but they are responsible for enforcing the pool area policy which was clearly being violated and should an event have occurred, would have been grossly negligent.
If not for these two incidents i'm sure our stay would have fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the confusion. My team and I work hard to eliminate the issues like this but, sometimes human errors happen we always come with different ideas all the time to improve our work quality. Thank you for response. It makes us aware of our mistakes.

Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at this Days Inn only 3 other times. They knew me by name and had prepared my room in advance of my arrival. I was very impressed. Front Desk was very customer service oriented. Room was clean and smelled good. I would recommend this motel for the money is a great value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great response. My staff and I worked hard to make this wonderful. We appreciate the kind review you wrote. Thanks again for the awesome response.

Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Gail checked me in late and was very personable and friendly. She matched the room rate on the internet. Hotel is very clean and the room had a flat screen TV, refrig, microwave. The lights were not plugged in (weird) and I thought all the bulbs were burned out. No, just unplugged. King size bed was OK, not great. Gail had told me that they had replaced the mattress/beds 1 year ago. I think that this mattress I had in the room, felt much older than that. Wonderful soft water in the shower! Nice cold AC for a hot summer day in Iowa. Wifi in rooms is free! Nice selection of cable TV channels. Night light in the bath is welcome. Soundproof windows. Breakfast was standard fare, what I expected, would have appreciated some protein options. I would have given this 5 stars except for the mattress. Many options near here, and this is a very good value in the CR area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!