“Thoroughly Reliable” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Illinois
“Thoroughly Reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This relatively new Homewood Suites is perfectly clean with good coffee and a plentiful breakfast. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly, and he upgraded us from a king studio to a double queen suite. The hotel is a short drive from Coe College and downtown. I might have looked for something a little closer to downtown, but, as an Honors member, I do patronize Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites when traveling with the family and Doubletrees and Hampton Inns when traveling alone. I'm rarely disappointed and I certainly was not here.

Room Tip: I think the double queens are the largest suites in terms of floorspace
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JeanneCedarRapids, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! Our breakfast cook takes great pride in the food that she prepares and I will share your kind remarks with her. I will also share your nice remarks with the front desk. We hope to see you again soon!

Jeanne Cole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The room was very clean and the front desk very welcoming. I have stayed here a couple times and I like being able to view the hotel layout on their website. I like to stay on the west side of hotels when I travel so I am not awakened by sunrise. The marketplace is well stocked if you need something and don't want to venture out. The breakfast could be better quality, but usually plenty of hot food to satisfy most people. You can get some really good deals on this place if you shop prices.

Room Tip: As of Jan 2012 make sure you get an address that will register on your GPS system. I used the one f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you! I'm glad that you found the hotel layout on the website helpful, it is very convenient that guests can actually pick out a specific room for their stay. We are constantly adding new items to the breakfast so I hope you find a different variety on your next visit. I will pass on your kind remarks to our front desk. again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We have stayed at various hotels in Cedar Rapids and Homewood Suites is one of the best. The two rooms are very large. All of the decor is top notch and everything is clean. The breakfast was wonderful, filled with lots of hot choices. I enjoyed the workout room. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
JeanneCedarRapids, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you! We are very lucky to have such large suites and work very hard to keep them looking brand new. We are also glad that you enjoyed the hot breakfast, it is nice to have it all included in the room rate so that you can just help yourself. We look forward to your return.

Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Hilton Homewood is a great place to stay in Cedar Rapids. The room was spacious & clean with all the amenities you could want- fridge, stove, even dishwasher! They offered a complimentary breakfast that was delicious, & even though we didn't use it, the pool & spa seemed nice enough. I would definitely return!

• Stayed December 2011
Thank-you for the great comments! I will extend your comments to the kitchen, they are a wonderful staff and really take pride in the food that they serve. I hope you can return soon so that you can spend some time in the pool and spa area, it is one of the favorite parts of the hotel.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

A nice business hotel, conveniently located to the airport and businesses in Cedar Rapids and Marion. The service was friendly and the rooms clean. The hotel is newer and the appointments are usual Homewood Suites better than average. The breakfast was good, with fresh cooked eggs, fresh fruit, makings for cereal. The coffee, as usual, was pretty poor - but that's ok, I just make Starbucks VIA in my room. The complimentary beer and wine in the evening is not the best quality - but hey, it's free!

Room Tip: Bring Starbuck's VIA - the coffee is not good
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
JeanneCedarRapids, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, December 24, 2011

Room Tip: Bring Starbuck's VIA - the coffee is not good
See more room tip
Thank you for the comments about our hotel and the staff. We take great pride in providing our guests with service that they will remember after the leave and I am so glad that you took the time to acknowledge them. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the coffee, we do use a top national brand in our kitchen and in the guestrooms but I will pass on your recommendation to our brand representative. Which beer to chose is a difficult decsion. There are so many different tastes when it comes to the different beer brands. I have tried a couple different brands and will keep trying them until we find the one that pleases the most. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Expected this to be a mediocre hotel but it was a gem. We booked a king suite and they gave us the handicapped accessible and it was extremely large. like a studio apartment. our friends had a nearly identical room that wasnt handicap but still quite large. nice clean room with comfy bed and good bathroom. the continental breakfast was great too-omelets, biscuits and gravy, cereal, coffee who could ask for more!? definitely worth $100 a night

Room Tip: when booking my friend noted in the comments that we were traveling for a wedding and if we could ch...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
JeanneCedarRapids, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We are glad that you enjoyed the extra room that our suites provide. I will pass on your comments about breakfast to our hostess. She will appreciate knowing that her cooking skills are appreciated.

Jeanne
Hennepin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Great place to stay. Room is fantastic, breakfast is good quality and filling, loved the helpful staff. BUT, one complaint about a staff member. I found a bag on the ground in the parking lot sitting next to a parked car. No one was around, so I picked it up to take it to front desk. The bag had 2 computers, books and a bunch of bananas. It must have weighed 20 pounds. The desk clerk took it and put it in back. Later, I wanted to know if owners had returned to pick it up. The girl said no, they had not come yet. I asked if she contacted them. Her response was "I'm not going to look for it." THAT infuriated me. There's $500+ of laptops in the bag and she would not see if there was any identification in the bag? I almost took the bag back. BUt I didn't. Later, I went back to the front desk and talked to Heidi. She took the initiative to check for a name, called the rightful owners and they would return. Kudos to Heidi for doing the RIGHT thing. I believe the manager should reward those who go the extra mile to make a customer happy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North? Share your experiences!