“scabies” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn Cedar Rapids

Budget Inn Cedar Rapids
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Rapids
Budget Inn Cedar Rapids
You added Budget Inn Cedar Rapids to your Saves list
3100 16th Ave SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404   |
Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
denver, co
“scabies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I'm a traveling nurse on assignment in Cedar Rapids. Of course, I was budget conscious and regretted that every second I was there. I booked because of the online pictures. The pictures are a fraud. Those rooms don't exist. The front dest is adequate, nothing like the rooms. The walls are paper thin. The cleanliness was non existant. There was paneling on one wall and that was literally coming off the bases. It was bubbling out. The bedspread was paper thin too. Stains all over the mattress, refrigerator was filthy, bathroom sink almost falling off the wall, remote for tv didn't work, shady patrons, late night yelling from other guests.

I bring my own bedding and cleaning products (even travel with my vacuum). After thuroughly cleaning the room and placing my own bedding, it felt slightly better. Three days in, I started developing little bumps on my arms, neck, and face. They itched like crazy too. Finally had to go to urgent care only to find out I developed scabies. OH MY GOD. I told the front desk and they had to nerve to say I didn't get it from there. I didn't come with them.

STAY AWAY.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
BudgetCedarRapids, Owner at Budget Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I must apologize for both the slow response to your review and your less than positive experience. Since your review we have implemented a soft remodel whereby we have updated all the rooms in some way and have added to our operating budget to do some updating every year. By doing it this way we are able to keep our rates very reasonable. We have many repeat guests that come to Cedar Rapids for work related projects. Thank you for your review as it helps us to focus on our customers needs. Jeff

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Budget Inn Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!