“Business Stay at Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids, United States
“Business Stay at Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed at a number of hotels and I found my stay at the Hampton in Cedar Rapids to be a very pleasant stay, very clean, neat, and well appointed hotel for the price. I will be a return visitor.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate our guests and work hard to ensure that their stay is enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Blue Spings, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Never had a bad experience at this Hampton Inn. Great location, quite, secure and very clean. Staff very courteous and they always have a smile to share. Due to location they seem to cater more to business travelers, which may be why it seems so quite. It had snowed over night, and I woke up to my car covered in snow. They had container full of snow scraper/brushes setting by the entrance for guests to use, which was wonderful because I didn't have one in my car. Oh, and the warm cookies in the evening are always an added bonus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our hotel has primarily business guests staying Monday through Thursday but we do have a mix of business, military and other guests staying any night of the week. Our location is set off the main streets 1 block which gives us our quiter setting, but it is still easy to get to. At Hampton Inns we try to think of the things that a guest wouldn't travel with or might forget. This time of year ice scrapers and snow sweepers are a MUST! We always keep some at the desk for guests in need. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future!!
South Bend, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel is about 50 miles from the stadium but is worth it. It is much nicer then the hotels in the Iowa City area and is much quieter. Room was large and nice and being further away it cost less as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your reveiw and putting the word out that staying in Cedar Rapids the night before a game is a cheaper option. Since out hotel is located just minutes off the interstate, getting to Iowa City is pretty easy. I am not sure when you stayed...but I hope it was for a game that the Hawks won!!!
St. Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have stayed in Hampton Inns around the country. This hotel was consistent with meeting our expectations the others have set. Facility was quiet and clean and staff were professional. Breakfast was well stocked and they area was clean. My only complaint about my stay was the poor sleep quality. The heat kept kicking on and off, which would be normal but it was so loud that it kept waking me up. I finally got up and shut it off early in the morning and then the room was chilly when I got up. Another complaint is the pillows. I was kicking myself for not bringing my own pillow. The bed was comfortable, I love the Hampton comforters, but the pillows are so inadequate. They are way too soft. It would be nice if firmer pillows were offered. Again, my only complaints. Otherwise I would recommend this place for its convenient location on the north end of town and the other pros mentioned above.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our Hotel. I am glad you like the Hampton Brand so much. It really does offer all that most travelers want. Each guest room has pillows that are feather filled and some that are foam filled. The foam filled are a bit firmer. If you let the hotel know at the time you make your reservation, they can put a request in to the hotel to have only foam pillows for your stay. I dont know if that totally solves your problem, but it might help. As far as the heating unit, I am sorry that it made so much noise to interrupt your sleep. I always ask our guests to let us know so we can go to that room and fix the problem. Since guests stay here primarily to sleep, we want to make sure they get a good sleep. Again, thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Hotel staff went above the service and helped us find other hotels in our next city. When they where out of a tea at night, went and got for my wife. Breakfast staff was very helpful, made sure food and hot and ready.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
The staff here are always ready to help our guests find hotels on their travels. I am glad everything worked out so well for you. I appreciate the reveiw and hope we will see you again in the future.
Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Very nice room, everything in good shape, very clean, maid service tip-top. Bed quite comfortable with plenty of pillows. Complimentary breakfast very good -- excellent selection and variety, someone available to help all the time. Fitness center fine for my needs. Very comfortable experience all around.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your reveiw. We look forward to seeing you again!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel. It was clean and the staff were friendly. The bed was good. The breakfast was varied and more than you usually get and good quality. The pool looked inviting although we didn't have time to use it. It was conveniently located for us and lots of options for dining and activities.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks for the review! I am glad we were able to meet all of your needs. Please visit us again when you are in the Cedar Rapids area, we would love to have you back.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North? Share your experiences!