“Wouldn't stay anywhere else...” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My review is long overdue - but here goes....I traveled out to Cedar Rapids for nearly 1 1/2 yrs from Boston...the first couple of stays were in hotels near the Hampton Inn, and I had no complaints...but I then stayed at the HI and from then on in, didn't stay anywhere else. The rooms are high end and stylish (granite, sleek look, large flat screen TV), beds are very comfy w/lots of pillows and choices of soft/hard. I can say over the length of time I was there the housekeeping was consistenly excellent - spotless room. Kudos are to the great staff, from the front desk (Carrie et al.) to breakfast (Ann!) - they get to know their guests, but at the same time are very professional .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HotelmanagerCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We certainly enjoyed having you here for your travels and miss having you around. Our staff really enjoys getting to know our guests. I will definitely be sure to share your review with our staff and am very glad that we could make your travels enjoyable as I know that you were here frequently. Hope all is well for you.
Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids-North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Cedar Rapids for a memorial service for a loved one and upon arrival were told that we were "reassigned" to the Bayside Inn which was down the block from the Hampton Inn. Supposedly they had a plumbing issue but the staff at the Bayside said that overbooking is very common at the hotel during Iowa football season. While we were given a free night at the Bayside, I would have preferred that the Hampton staff contact me before our arrival so that I could have had an opportunity to find a suitable alternative hotel. The Bayside staff were very nice to us but the hotel wasn't, given a choice, where I would have wanted to stay overnight. I travel every week for business and used to think highly of Hilton brand hotels but not anymore. Prepay your stay or expect to be "reassigned".

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review with some of the concerns that you had regarding our hotel. We certainly do not try to have things like this happen, however, there are sometimes issues that arise in a hotel causing us to be put in this situation. We sincerely apologize for having to relocate you to another hotel, and certainly given the choice we would much rather keep our guests staying here at our hotel. I understand the frustration in this happening and if there is anything we can do to make this up to you please contact me and let me know.
319-832-1130
andrea.andrews@hilton.com
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Room is extremely noisy from room above. Some serious soundproofing is needed. The room is spacious and comfortable. Do not stay if noise from neighbors bothers you.

Room Tip: Great hotel if you can request a top floor room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the noise above your room. For your future stays we will most certainly do our best to get you on a top floor as requested. We are very glad to hear the you enjoyed the room space and comfort, as we want every guest to feel at home and comfortable during their stay. We hope to provide you with a better stay on your next journey through Cedar Rapids.
new albany, indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Reception was lackluster, desk staff was indifferent. The button for the third floor on one of the elevators was punched out Thursday night and was will out Sunday am. Walls were dirty in the rooms, Bed comforter was lumpy. Perhaps one should look further.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn and Suites CR North. I want to sincerely apologize for the service and condition of the hotel during your stay. We are looking forward to some positive changes throughout the hotel, including the appearance and some new desk staff joining us soon. I hope that your future stays with us are more enjoyable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My overall stay was pleasant. The room was spacious, clean, and nicely serviced each day. My only complaint would be the noise from a floor above me. I think that the walls/floors could be the issue and the fact that I am very noise sensitive.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor for quiet level.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make sure that the comfort and quality of our rooms meet the standards of our guests. I am sorry to hear the noise from the floor above disturbed you. For your next stay, we will do our best to get you a room on the top floor as this should make things more enjoyable for you. Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We've stayed at Hampton Inns all over the United States and this one In Cedar Rapids was one of the nicest ones yet! Comfortable beds, clean rooms, and a wide variety on the breakfast bar in the morning. We had no problems and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for such kind words about your stay at our hotel! I am so happy to hear that everything was so wonderful for you and your family. I will inform my housekeeping and breakfast staff of our great comments and we will definitely be keeping it up for your future stays.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stay at Hamptons often when we travel. They have always been immaculate and immensely comfortable and this was no exception. Would recommend with hesitation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HotelmanagerCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
On behalf of the Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids-North I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review for our hotel. We are so glad that you found our hotel to be both clean and comfortable as this is very important to us! We hope to see you soon!
Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids-North

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North? Share your experiences!