“Beautiful, comfortable, great weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Leisure Rate
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Oskaloosa, Iowa
“Beautiful, comfortable, great weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here for three nights during a conference in June. I thought the hotel was beautiful with the atrium in the middle and open balconies on all of the floors overlooking the restaurant below. The rooms were large and super clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was super helpful. I loved the Bath & Bodyworks shampoos and lotions. I ordered room service late one night and it came quickly and had plenty of food for the money. The restaurant had THE BEST bacon I've ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly and I was surprised to get 5 or 6 slices with my side order. There is also plenty of free parking around the facility. I stayed on the 4th floor and loved that my window would open just a bit to get fresh air in. Closets were nice a big. There was a sink and vanity in the room itself as well as the one in the bathroom, which would be very handy if more than one person were trying to get ready in the morning.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevator. Rooms in the hall opposite the atrium from the elevator k...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times over the past year and the staff are so wonderful, very courteous and helpful! The hotel is clean and comfortable. The room service/restaurant food is great too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

First off, the bed was super comfortable. By the look of the lobby I expected that the rooms would have been decorated a little nicer but they weren't bad, just less than I expected for a Marriott. The workstation with the upper and lower sliding desks offered plenty of room. I thought that there was nothing in this area until I went on the highway in the other direction (left out of parking lot). There were tons of places to eat. Beware the bottled water in the room. At first you might think it's complimentary until you spot theh real small $4.00 price tag.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Decent but not quite what I expect from Marriott. For now it is the best of the lot in Cedar Rapids when looking for a full-service hotel in CR. (restaurant, bar, room service, etc). The building has seen Better years. Clean comfortable but dated. Staff is terrific. Great service, friendly. Their Marriott Burger hit the spot after a 4 drive from Chicago.

Marriott - build a new Marriott for CR. Otherwise you're going to lose to the next new full service hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tel-Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel! I just spent two days there on a business trip.
The room:
I had a lovely room on the 6th floor with a massive king bed. The bed was really the most comfortable I've ever slept in a hotel. The room and bathroom were spotless. The room was very big but the bathroom was on the small side. The coffee machine was a welcome relief when arriving at the hotel at midnight after a very long day of flights and work. There were only two tiny issue I could mention about the room - there was so safe (although I understand that you really don't need one in Cedar Rapids.) and the shower had a curtain instead of a glass partition so it was a tiny bit dated. Other than that the room was PERFECT.
Breakfast:
Lovely staff, nice selection of foods, good coffee
The hotel itself:
Free wifi throughout which is fantastic. Pool and fitness centre, both I didn't have a chance to try out but they look nice.

In short, I had a great stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sherman Oaks, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place is sort of the only game in town (or pretty close to it in terms of full service chain hotels). And it shows in the physical plant, but fortunately not in the soft product (the people). The place is maintained, but is showing its age. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating – noting my Marriot Platinum status and upgrading me without having to ask. The service in the restaurant was efficient and “on the ball” and the food tasty.
My suite, although spacious (except for the bathroom), was feeling its age – sort of dated, frumpy and in need of a refreshing update to the décor. They also really need a window washer (maybe waiting for spring cleaning). That being said, it was bright and on a corner.
I made the mistake of leaving a suit and shirt hanging in the closet when I left – which I realized when I got on the plane at CID. The front desk staff seemed to handle it well – I called and asked that they hold it for me as I was back there in a week and a half. Its not unique to this hotel, but I would think this happens so often, that there would be a better procedure to this. They know pretty quickly when the room is cleaned that something was left behind. They know exactly who stayed there, when they left and how to get in touch with them . Shouldn’t hotels reach out to the guest and tell them about the situation (I was at the office all day and could have picked it up on the way to the airport)? The procedure seems to be to put it in the head of housekeeping’s office, so that when (if?) you call, you can only leave a message with whoever answers the phone and hear back when the head housekeeper returns during normal business hours (this happened on a Friday evening). It appears to be working out, but it would be so easy to leave a note (log?) with the front desk so that you are not left guessing. Like I said, its not unique to this hotel – but something they should think about. That along with training the maids not to put the iron back with water in it – but I digress.

As primarily a Hilton guy (VIP Diamond), I think I like the Homewood Suites better physically – newer, fresher, and the standard room is almost as big as my suite here. Although I did like the upgrade and a real restaurant on property. I may have to give it a few more tries to really make up my mind between the two properties, which are right next door to each other. The next visit will be an interesting test of getting my suit and shirt back, as well as seeing how I am treated when the place is packed (which it will be).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Neosho, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I attended a convention here in May of 2012. We really enjoy the accomodations. We were treated by the employees very well. The only problem I noticed and it's not really a problem,but we were on the opposite end from the elevators. Now we all need to walk so it's ok but for those that needed to get to their room and back quickly it is quite a hike if you're going to the the opposite side of the building. Other than that it was a great weekend.

Room Tip: Might want to find out your location to stairs or elevator before accepting the room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!