“It is now a Motel 6” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport

Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
You added Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   616 33rd Ave S.W., Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 (Formerly Howard Johnson Cedar Rapids)   |
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Roscoe, Illinois
“It is now a Motel 6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here when it was a Howard Johnson, but now is a Motel 6. Check-In was quick and painless. When we got to our room it was clean. NO smoke smell, toilet area clean and rugs vacuumed well. Very clean!! At night we felt safe.
The front desk called about 10 min later to ask if the room was good and if we needed anything.
BUT the downfall for me is that they took out the hairdryer and no Kleenex. So bring the if you need it.
Would I stay again...Yes.

Room Tip: Room 137 is away from the exits and I find was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

The motel is decent. They don't have breakfast which I found disappointing. Also they don't wash the bed spreads after each check out which is gross. I stayed a month in the same room. Most days cleaning was good. Great water pressure and it stays hot for a long time. Beds are comfy. Tvs are outdated. And they don't make coffee til 6 so most days I did without since I left around 5.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

I can't even begin to tell this story without steam coming out of my ears. First of all, this is no longer an Howard Johnson. It is a Motel 6. I made my reservation on September 14 booking it with Wyndum Rewards points to pay for our stay. While trying to find the Howard Johnson on October 10, we were quick to realize that it was now a Motel 6. Motel 6 had our reservation, but would not honor the points for the free stay. I totally understand - they are not affiliated with Wyndum. However, Wyndum never contacted us to tell us of the change. So, we called the Wyndum corporation to see what they could do for us. Now, this is when the real fun started. We heard, "I'm sorry," about 100 times but they were not willing to do anything for us. Even though there is a Super 8 within walking distance and they had a room available, they were not willing to let us use our points to stay there. That room was going to cost us $99 for the night. They were not going to budge on this at all - just more "I'm sorry's," and we'll have someone contact you five days. We ended up staying at the Motel 6 - which I will write a review for under their name.

Three days after arriving home, we called Wyndum again to register a complaint. After being transferred to three different people, all anyone can say is, "I'm sorry," and "Someone will contact you on Thursday." One person told us the hotel switched over on Sept. 18, and another person told us that they have no way of knowing when the hotels are sold and they do not contact anyone. Neither one of those answers are acceptable --- Our points were redeposited into our account but they are offering no other compensation.

I had a similar situation happen at a hotel from the Choice brands a few years ago. Not only did they find a complimentary room, they also deposited 25,000 bonus points into my Choice Privileges account. Believe me, there is no comparison between these two hotel brands. Choice puts the customer first and will always be my first option from now on.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport

Address: 616 33rd Ave S.W., Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 (Formerly Howard Johnson Cedar Rapids)
Location: United States > Iowa > Cedar Rapids
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport 2*
Motel 6 Cedar Rapids is located less than a mile from Hawkeye Down Speedway and less than 5 miles from Cedar Rapids Convention Center, Bever Zoo, Westdale Mall, and dining. All guest rooms have an interior corridor access with Free Wi-Fi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Cedar Rapids Hotel Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.