“Holiday travel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls

You added Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1614 Technology Parkway, State Highway 58/Hudson Road & State Route 20, Cedar Falls, IA 50613   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Cedar Falls
IA
“Holiday travel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed one evening at this location while visiting family for holiday. Front desk staff was very nice as we had originally called to cancel reservation and were met with a rude individual from the corporate reservation line.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Julie M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I must apologize for Wyndham corporate. I will see if there is anything that I can do to relay your experience on to the corporate offices of Wyndham. Thank you for noticing my staff and I am glad you chose to stay with us during your Holiday travels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lansing, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We attempted to reach the Wingate several times to verify our reservation and also to discuss our check in time. The phone rang forever and no one picked up. We attempted 3-4 times with the same results. We finally called the corporate phone number and spoke someone who was helpful but did not tag our reservation about our check in time, etc that we had called about.
The room was otherwise clean and taken care of. No problems with the room. Check in and check out went smoothly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Julie M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review this property on line. The hotel staff and I will be reviewing how the phone is answered in order to handle the needs of our guests. I do sincerely apologize that you had to call Wyndham corporate to get assistance. I am grateful that your stay was a good stay. We hope to see you again in the future.
Norwalk, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For overall value this is the place to stay. We stay here each year when visiting town for the football championships. The breakfast has plenty of options and the pool was enjoyed by the kids. The only two negatives were that the hot tub was out of order throughout our stay and on Friday night we went to the front desk to get towels for the pool area and found the front desk worker sleeping in the business center. It took me talking to my buddy rather loud for several minutes before she heard me and finally came out to see how she could help. It wasn't like it was late at night either, it was only 8:15

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Julie M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your annual trips to our hotel. I know the staff does appreciate your returns. I will be having a discussion with the clerk that worked that night. This will not happen again. We hope to see you back again soon.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

This is the only place I stay when traveling to Cedar Falls, Iowa. It is right off Hwy 20; less than 5 minutes to the University of Northern Iowa and University Avenue. I have never encountered any problems during any of my stays. Breakfast isn't 5 star quality but this isn't a 5 star hotel. It is a good value, comfortable, and clean.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Julie M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
It is always nice to read responses like yours. My staff and myself enjoy our guests and their returns to our property. We cannot wait to see you again.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

The cleaning crew was letting the doors slam shut (very noisy and annoying)as they were in and out cleaning the rooms in the am.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Julie M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Thank you for filling out this on line survey. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I will have a discussion with the housekeeping staff to not be as noisy in the morning. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Cedar Falls? Share your experiences!