“.......cold night, warm curry.....but will we return???” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“.......cold night, warm curry.....but will we return???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

So through the door you go, turn left for Italian food, turn right for Indian both restaurants having the same name!! So on a cold, cold night we 4 turned right and looked forward to a warming curry.

Perhaps the staff were also cold as they seemed a bit disorganised finding our table in a very quiet restaurant. Drinks ordered then starters but delivered in the reverse order! Starter pakora was OK. Popadoms and onions were fresh but very little onions but that was soon rectified. Mains arrived. Generous portions and food quite tasty but again service let them down as another quick visit to the kitchen was required to sort out our order.

I would say the portion size was good and quality equally good but perhaps priced a little over the top for regular curry eaters.

Would we return? Maybe.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best Curry in Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

You can never tire of eating food this good, great service, beautiful decor and well priced. Try the South Indian chicken or any of the lamb dishes. Eaten here several times now and each time I am impressed a little more.

Glasgow
“Unbelievably poor customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I visited Zyka for the first time last week and I am sorry to say that it is also the last time I will ever go there.

I was hoping that this restaurant would be good as it is very near to where I live.

The food itself was okay and, the main course being the best dish for me but the service was terrible and although the food was okay it took far too long to arrive without any explanation or even an apology being offered.

I regret having gone there and I hope that if you are reading this review that you will take your business elsewhere as this restaurant in my opinion does not deserve any customers.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lanark, United Kingdom
“Even better when not so busy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our second visit to Zyka was even better than the first. The last time the restaurant was absolutely full at the weekend and it was too noisy and staff were pushed. This time, a rainy Tuesday in November the place was quieter and more relaxed. However, there was no change in the food - absolutely excellent! Among the best indian food we have ever tasted. Staff unobtrusive but very efficient. Will very happily return!

• Visited November 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I had dinner here yesterday evening and can't wait to go back! The food was the best Indian food I have had. Staff were friendly and helpfull and the music was great giving the place a nice atmosphere. We only had dinner and had to leave but would be a lovely place to stay and have drinks. Reasonably priced too :)