“too cramped” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Perth Airport

You added Ibis Budget Perth Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Perth Airport
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   317-319 Great Eastern Highway, Redcliffe, Belmont, Western Australia 6104, Australia (Formerly Hotel Formule 1)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Redcliffe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

It's amazing what people expect for the price they pay, I fly into work every 2 weeks and stay at the hotel all the time, I have tried others, but why pay $50 more for the same service. Yes, they might have a pool etc etc, but I'm arriving at 19:00 and flying out at 0700 the next day...??
Perfect for the price and staff are always friendly and book me a taxie for the next morning without any problems.
Great place, great stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Derbyshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We booked into the Formule 1 in Perth after using several of this brand in Europe, so new we were expecting a no thrills place.

We booked for two nights - when we arrived in Australia and when we were about to leave for Sydney on the basis it was very close to Perth Airport.

When we arrived at three o'clock in the morning there was a horrible smell in the room as the air conditioning had been off (the power switches off when a card is not insterted in a slot when entering the room). The cot we had arranged for our daughter would not stay up (luckily we had a travel cot in our bags).

The member of staff on the desk in the morning was just plain miserable and could not even give us a smile.

Our second visit was much the same - miserable staff, a smelly room plus the added bonus of a cockroach (I new they but Gideons bibles in hotels for reason. I have found it - for splatting bugs !!!).

Overall I would say all this hotel has going for it is location. However if you are willing to get a cab into Perth do.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Kununurra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

For $99, the hotel wasn't too bad.
When we arrived, I can't say the receptionist was very friendly but she did book a taxi for us.
I did have a problem with there being no lift. The stairs are quite steep and narrow so it was difficult to lug our gear upstairs. We were told that there were no vacancies downstairs.
The bathroom was tiny and water went everywhere, annoying because you can't move the showerhead. The towels were really small [that's saying something for someone who's only 5" tall]. Also we had a problem with the cold water tap falling apart too.
We didn't notice any bad smells like other guests have noticed
Our sheets were clean and the bed was really comfy.
The vending machine was appreciated for a warm beverage at the wee hours of the morning when we left for the airport.
There was internet available on a few computers in the lobby.
I thought the reception hours were really strange but the auto-check-in machine is a good idea - it should be noted that you must have a credit card to use this facility, and the list of people checking in late is a bit hard to see on the door.
Also, when I inquired about payment, I was told it had already been deducted from my CC, however I was not offered a tax invoice.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Kuching Sarawak Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Regretted staying here for AUD99. Should have stayed at Criterion Hotel Perth and go directly to the Airport at 430am. No lift in the hotel and I had to carry 2 luggages (12.5kg each) up to 1st floor myself. Travelling with my daughter (8yrs old) and no one to help with luggages. Terrible location. Had to wave for taxi at the roadside at 430am eventhough hotel staff promised to book it when I checked in. No staff on duty at the reception. Had to catch 650am flight so thought moving to an ariport hotel is more convenient but it still took us 15 minutes to get to internationl airport from here. Worst thing is not many taxi drivers wants to come here, fare too low.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

There is little hotel choice at Perth Airport. Arrived at midnight and had a connecting flight at 7am. Pre-booked and the automated check in was smooth. All formule 1 hotels are pretty much the same- basic and no frills.

Paid $99 for a room which I thought was overpriced for what you get. The room is worth about $50. The hotel is not walking distance to the airport and you need to either hire a car or catch a taxi. We chose to hire a car as we thought we might have trouble getting a taxi that is willing to take us for the short distance. The hotel is located on a major road and it is noisy.

This hotel is not great but it is clean and provides an affordable airport accommodation solution. I wouldn't rule out never going back to this hotel but I think I might try other hotels in the area on my next visit.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

My Wife and I stayed here last week.
I must say that the hotel is basic but very clean.
The room was small but in good repair. The staff and management did a great job answering our questions and even booked us our transfers to the airport. I would recommend this place to all wishing to have stop over in Perth. Up to half the price of most of the accommodation in Perth.
Good Job

• Liked — location and freindly staff
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ibis Budget Perth Airport? Share your experiences!