“Good value and comfortable for a stopover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3051 Kirkwood, Burlington, IA 52601 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good value and comfortable for a stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We spent a one night stop-over at the Quality Inn in Burlington, driving down the Great River Road. The reception was friendly, the room had everything we needed, including free wifi and ethernet and we thought it good value. We slept well and the room was quiet.
The breakfast buffet is best skipped! But at this room price we would eat it out.
The location is not ideal, hidden behind a Chinese restaurant, but there are places to eat not far away and Burlington did not appear to have hotels in the downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Milan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I gave this 4 stars because everything at this hotel was great. They even welcomed my Doberman. But, my wife was met with a Bad attitude from Frank Meyers when she went to pay for additional days. Frank Meyers was out of control and totally rude to my wife when she went to the desk the morning of July 7th to increase my stay until July 10 Tuesday. She informed Frank Meyers that we wanted to pay for the additional days he stated several times that he needed more information and when my wife asked him what more information he needed and reminded him of our name and room number he asked my wife if she thought he was a mind reader. My wife again stated that she wanted to pay for the days between today and July 10th gave him our name and room number again and then told my wife she was being confrontational and that she should stop expecting him to be a mind reader. My wife then asked for our money back and came to our room to explain to me about what happened. Let me say in all our travels, my wife has never complained to me about anyone working at any of the hotels we have stayed at. So, when she told me what happened I was not only stunned that she was so upset, I had no reason to not believe her. When I went to the desk, I was met with the same bad attitude and horrendous behavior from Frank Meyers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Room, lobby clean. Great customer service. Nice prices.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Have been staying here on and off for work since 2005. The employees are like family to me at this point, and they treat everyone like gold. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable hotel with a great location this Quality Inn is a great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We've stayed here for a few days this year, and also last year when we were visiting our son in the area. The setting is not so nice....surrounding by parking lots!! The pool is out there, too! We didn't use it, so can't rate that. Overall, pretty clean, if a bit older building. Room was clean, no ants, no bugs, no hair laying around as some noted. We did pass an obvious smoking room, as it reeked in the hall outside that door, but our room smelled ok (nonsmoking). Breakfast was pretty good, too; staff was friendly. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, basically just to shower and sleep...and it suited our purposes great. After reading bad reviews mixed with good reviews on hotels in this area, we decided to stick with the one we'd been in before, as we knew it would be ok!! We weren't disappointed! Would stay here again, too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Oskaloosa, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Front desk was very helpful.Room was clean except for the carpet. Bed comfortable- pillows really small. Remote ac was cool. Enjoyed the microwave and mini fridge Wireless worked fine and was free. Breakfast was typical hotel hot buffet . Two complaints- Half of the hotel was smoking and all of the hallways were rank with smoke smell! The ceiling had leaked and the carpet was wet beneath the leak- looked to be that way for quite some time.Hotel offered no compensation for wading in smelly carpet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
SE Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

The usual thing you would expect from a property in the $50-$60 range. A little mold in the shower, yucky stains on the bathroom wallpaper. The room is a nice size so you at least don't feel too trapped. Iron and ironing board in the room which is nice but the iron could use a good cleaning. Curved shower rod which is always a plus for me. A micro and fridge in room which would be handy if you were going to be here more than overnight and is an unexpected bonus at this price range. Breakfast is the average cereal, toast, and pastries. I can't say I would want to stay here again but I would if I had to.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!