“Cold shower” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pzazz Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Pzazz Resort Hotel
You added Pzazz Resort Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Winegard Drive, Burlington, IA 52601   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Cold shower”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

No hot water...what more can I say. When I brought this to the person's attention at the checkout desk, she said that they were looking into it. That doesn't do much for me. A very nice room but trip was ruined. I await a response.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
pzazzmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. It takes honest feedback from guests such as yourself, to help us improve and make sure that every guest’s stay is enjoyable and memorable.

Our deepest apologies go out to you for your unsatisfactory visit to our resort. We make every effort to assist and accommodate our guests in any way we can. There was an issue with our hot water heater that day, and we should have addressed your concern in a more understandable and apologetic manner.

Please fee free to contact us anytime at (866)-792-9948 and we'd be more than happy to discuss this event further.

Nicki Killoren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

NO price break for off season stay. Paid full price for 1/2 the waterpark fun, and not even an active duty military discount!. Outdoor pool was already closed. Repair work (drills and hammering) woke us just after 7 a.m. on Friday morning...was associated with some carpet replacements, not emergency repairs. They certainly could have waited until a reasonable hour to start making that kind of noise. Doors to rooms do NOT keep sounds out. Lots of loud neighbors and hallway minglers. Prices in restraunts were pretty reasonable. Kids had fun in the arcade. ALL employees had wonderful attitudes and were very nice (with the exception of 2 housekeepers).

Erie, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have to say my night in my room didn't go well. There was atleast an inch gap if not bigger under my door. So everytime someone walked by you could hear every word they said and see their shadow. You almost would think they were standing at the door. I didn't get much sleep because of this. Then of all things the next morning I get up and notice something crawling up the wall. I get closer and realize it is a cockroach. My husband smashed it. It was still moving when I brought it to the front desk. I have had the eeby jeebys since. I have never dealt with cockroaches. The manager was not in when I was leaving. So the girl at the counter gave me $25 back on my room. I will never be able to stay there again. I think they should of refunded me for my room!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Our thanks go out to you for providing such detailed and honest feedback. We appreciate our guests’ opinions and criticisms, as it gives us the opportunity to improve and provide the best experience possible for our guests.

Our deepest apologies go out to you for your unsatisfactory visit to our resort. I would like to assure you that your feedback has been taken extremely seriously. We do, however, pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our facility. Our housekeepers work diligently, ensuring each room is at the highest standard possible for cleanliness. Unfortunately, for your stay, this wasn't apparent.

Please rest assured that our facility has a 24 hour housekeeping staff that is in constant motion. However, this unusual event happened during your stay which is unacceptable.

Nicki Killoren
Moline
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

While we had a very nice stay and the room was comfortable, the overall feel of the hotel was "cheezy" the yellowed walls (which might have been the original color of the wall paper) made me feel like I was in the hallways of a old hotel that had cigarette smoke stained walls. The halls were narrow and a little confusing. I also didn't like the fact that anyone could walk through the back sliding glass doors and within 5 feet be in front of a room door. That is a little uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of having small children in a room that is so close a door that anyone can enter or exit.

Bettendorf, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We were not given a choice at time of reservation in which side we wanted to stay. We had to stay on the family side-even though we would have preferred the adult only side. We also had to sign a waiver indicating we would not smoke in our non smoking room (we are non smokers anyway). This would not have been an issue, but the smoke from the outside smoking areas (which were located directly outside each outside entrance) filtered back into the hallways and guest rooms. We left with everything smelling smokey. Also the hallways smelled of greasy food. While the guest room had been updated, there was mold in the bathroom, and the hallways desparately needed new carpet. I found it very diffucult to read their maps and determine where we needed to go.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
pzazzmanager, Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction with our services .Our number one goal and priority, is to make sure that you have a pleasant experience in our facility.

I looked into the dates of your stay, as well as the weekend before as I am unsure of which date you stayed, and unfortunatley the Catfish Bend Inn and Spa, which is our hotel restricted to guests 21 years of age and older, had no availability both weekends. This information should have been provided to you, and has been addressed with the reservation staff.

We are also currently in the process of replacing all the carpet in the PZAZZ! Resort hotel starting with the 1st floor and lobby area, then working are way up. I have been informed that this project will be complete sometime in mid-October.

If you could please contact me directly at 1-319-753-2946 so that we may discuss the additional unsatisfactory issues I would appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Nichole Killoren
Chicago burbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Affordable getaway. We aren't gamblers but found a way to gamble five dollars. Coincided with a beer/wine festival which was an added bonus. We stayed on the family/kids side of the hotel and it was still quiet and relaxing. Plenty to do for a day or two.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed here for our 25th anniversary. Very nice room and had a jacuzzi tub which we loved. But this is a family hotel and the waterpark was right outside our room so it was noisy until 10:00. Then in the morning could hear a baby crying at 6:30 a.m. Lots of kids and slamming doors. This establishment also has an adult side but no honeymoon suites. I would recommend to the hotel to add some on that side. Nice restaurants and a casino

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pzazz Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!