“Great Clean Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Iowa, Louisiana
“Great Clean Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious. The bed/pillows were comfortable. We did not use the pool this time, but it was good in the past. There was a fridge/microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer in the room. The breakfast buffet was not very good in selection or quality.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the rates. Most rooms are identical except for a 32" TV vs a 27" or a few...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice size rooms. Typical Comfort furnishings. Larger hotel than what you would normally expect. Decent restaurant attached. But - the door squeaks loudly when open or closed (needs adustment), the bathroom faucet squeaks when being turned on (needs replacement) and the floor (second level) creaks when you walk on it (who knows?). I don't know how old the hotel is (appears relatively new), but the finishing of the hotel could have been much better.

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was the 2nd year that I have stayed at this hotel. I reserved early hoping to get the room I had last year 2012, I was told that they could put in a request but no guarantee.

I called to confirm my reservation 2 weeks prior to my stay and again asked for that particular room and was told that they added it to the notes on my reservation.

When I arrived the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked again if I was able to get the room I requested but was told that someone else was given the room, that TICKED me off! I asked 2 different times several weeks prior to my stay about getting that room and it was given to someone else. grrrr

Sooo, I got put onto the 3rd floor overlooking soybean fields and the parking lot.
My room was large, airy, smelled clean and the a/c worked great!!! The entry way light flickered constantly so I shut it off. The toilet handle was broken, the toilet did not flush correctly and I found black hair in the shower on the walls.

I took photos then went to the front desk to show them the photos and to request maintenance come to the room.

Maintenance came to our room bright and early to repair the toilet. The guy was soo very nice to let me watch him fix the toilet. I learned how to fix my own at home!

We got to use the pool and hot tub. They both were clean, well tended to and a great size. The pool was cold and the hot tub was hot hot. The hot tub also had a really neat waterfall into it. The pool had water spouts on each corner spouting into the pool, they were fun standing under!

The hotel was close to many food establishments, shopping, the major highway was 5 stoplights from the hotel.

This hotel also has a great business center with a computer, large desk and printer. It also has a laundry room with 1 washer and 1 dryer with a soap vending machine. It does NOT have a change machine so bring quarters!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that over looks the lighted fountain outback.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I do not have high expectations for a Comfort Suites. I arrived late at night, minus my luggage, which was in airline limbo. The front desk clerk was sympathetic and showed what I consider appropriate sympathy. When I asked if he had any toiletries, he immediately stocked me up for the morning. Comfort Suites with five star service. Of course, I recognize that it was the front desk agent that made this experience excellent; however, when I arrived the next evening to get my luggage it had not arrived yet. They allowed me to sit in the lobby, use the internet, have some snacks, and relax while I waited. Overall, a great experience.

The room was clean and comfortable, and I had a great rest. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oskaloosa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is by far our favorite hotel when traveling for business around the state. We have to leave very early and they made up a to go bag for us even though that is not the policy on weekends. The room was spotless the beds and pillows comfy, the staff friendly and very helpful. We already made reservations for next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

After our great time in Lake Geneva we decided to stay at another Comfort Suites in Burlington iowa for a 50th high school reunion. It was just as good this time around. Clean, great service, and free breakfast. We booked for 2 nites but had to leave one day early, but no problem. They refunded our 2nd nite with no hassle.

Will stay at Comfort Suites whenever we can.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
lawrenceville, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times when in town. But last night might be my last. My car and several others were broken into. Then at check out no one at the front desk. Kinda expected a kind word from manager or someone but no. No outside security cameras. Park at your own risk. Diamond member

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Comfort Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!