“Very nice place and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Burlington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Once seated in the restaurant, your view changes as the seasons change. Winter brings eagles soaring as they search the icy Mississippi for the fresh catch of the day. In the Summer the river becomes alive with casual and commercial traffic. The historic background of this quaint river town is captured in the memorabilia and pictures that adorn the walls.The restaurant has been a landmark for two decades offering casual to formal dining attracting patrons both local and visiting tourist from other countries. We have a casual family friendly environment. Serving lunch and dinner as well as drinks at the bar. We are great for groups! Walk in or make a reservation and when the weather permits, choose to sit in side or out. Dine in, carry out or we will cater! Whatever the occasion - Big Muddy's is the place!!
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Very nice place and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you want something different, with a unique location with a beautiful view of the Mississippi River., this is the place to go.

- good food
- for bar people, it has a large one
- great view of the river
- like trains? It is right out the window too
- very nice inside.

Negatives. I really don't have any.

“Not as good as I remember, but still ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Way back in the mid 90's I was through Burlington a couple of times and ate at Big Muddy's, and from what I remember, it was excellent. This time around, I would say the service and food were average. The atmosphere is still the same, which is very good, an old railroad freight house tuned restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Iowa
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I just moved to Burlington, IA and was looking for a good place to eat. My friends and I choose to go to Big Muddy's and we are glad we did! We walked into the restaurant and were greeted by a friendly host and were seated at a wonderful table with a beautiful view of the Mississippi before us. Our waitress was wonderful and able to awnser any questions about the menu. I ended up ordering the Sandbag Turkey and it was delicious; I highly recommend it. The service was great and everyone in the restaurant seemed extremely happy to be there and work together. I will be back!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“What a wonderful dining experience! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My girlfriends and I chose Big Muddys as our monthly lunch date and could not have been more pleased. Between the view, the service, and the food we were beyond satisfied. All the servers seemed to be working together and were extremely friendly and helpful during our visit! I ordered the Cajun Alfredo pasta and it was delicious. I definitely recommend this restaurant and plan to return in the near future.

Danville
“Great service, good food! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Four of my good friends and I came out to eat for a lunch date and had a very good experience! We were greeted be a super friendly hostess who was very sweet. Server was very attentive and bubbly. All the servers worked together well when the lunch rush hit. Every server made sure all the tables were taken care of. The food was hot, and good. I'm a vegetarian as was my server, so she was very helpful in helping me choose my meal which was the portobello sandwich. It was wonderful! And they have a great selection for all likes and needs. Salad bar is great as well! Over all a great experience! Definitely returning!