“Will certainly return” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Excellent wine list
Burlington, ia
“Will certainly return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

When reviewing, I put the restaurant in context. For instance, I have given a chain restaurant location an overall excellent rating for excellent management, attitude, and consistency. Similarly, my rating of Bistro 322 stays in the context of a bistro.

Bistro 322 is quite small, but is located on a corner and is benefitted from several windows. On a bright sunny day, the interior light level was still muted, but the windows made it seem less cramped.

The menu pricing was quite reasonable. I always get french onion soup whenever it is offered. It was quite good, not exceptional, but very good. My wife had the tomato "soup du jour". It was exceptionally good. Our sandwiches were exceptionally flavorful... the chicken BLT and the boeuf bourguignon.

We also ordered the cobbler to share with our original order. It was brought out with perfect timing. The taste was lessened by what seemed to be an inferior vanilla ice cream.

We look forward to returning for dinner in the near future. I wish I could have given a 41/2 rating (almost excellent).

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Burlington, IA
“Best food in Iowa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Fresh, delicious, attentive servers (Tina is great) I bring visitors from all over the USA to this restaurant in Burlington, IA and they all respond the same. "This is really delicious!"

Easily the best food in town. Possibly the best food in Iowa.

This isnt one of those restaurants where everything either goes in a deep fat fryer or comes from a box or can from Sysco. The menu is small but excellent and unique. Shawn even grows his own vegetables!

If you want a memorable dining experience, one that will leave you with a desire to come back just for the food. Dine at the Bistro.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterloo, Iowa
“Very impressed...Superb lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I enjoyed one of the best lunches I have had in a great while at Bistro 322! The Grilled Chicken BLT was yummy...the bacon is superb, not your regular bacon, but thick cut, the bagette was crusty and perfect. The frites are ridiculously thin and so delicious...do not miss the opportunity to experience these, they are that good! The balsamic dressing on the baby greens was also delicious. My friend and I split the creme brulee...de-lish! I am wishing that I still lived in Burlington...but, now that I have discovered Bistro 322, I have a wonderful reason to visit Burlington more often. The service was excellent, the ambiance very nice, despite it being small. This is THE restaurant on 4th street to experience.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Liberty, Iowa
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The French with Asian twist Bistro has wonderful food - very fresh and flavorful. We enjoyed our meal and dessert. We had Foie Gras and Kobe Beef Meatloaf and Filet Mignon with peppercorn sauce which were both very good. They used fresh veggies and top of the line fresh meats. We did not order drinks, but seemed to have a large variety of wines and a full bar. It is a very small restaurant, with sitting for around 20. We went on a Sunday evening at 7:00pm with reservations, and were seated right away. There was only one table for two open during our entire meal. There is outdoor seating with no shade, so no one was sitting outside. The decor is nondescript - use wine corks for decorations. Not much for romance but an excellent meal. We will return to try Kobe burger sometime.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
IOWA
“Amazing French Bistro, intimate atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Amazing quality, very personal service. I feel like the owners old friend both times I have been there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere