“The place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
“The place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

As always my home away from home. Love this hotel. I'm not sure but i think Tonya is half robot. She is very dedicated to Howard Johnson. Does she work around the clock? Well to all of you looking for the perfect place to stay, stop in to see her she is always there to welcome you with a smile. And prepares a great breakfast. Best rooms and staff in town. Walk in as strangers leave as family.

• Stayed December 2013
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Our staff takes pride in providing our guests with great service and I am pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations. I have shared your review with Tonya as well. Again, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

passing thru burlington and wanting to find a quiet little bar for a drink i wandered into the tiki bar at the howard johnson motel. there was a large wedding happening and heather was quite busy. however, she made me feel very comfortable and managed to find time to chat with me between serving drinks to the wedding quests. she is a competent and engaging member of the motel staff. i would return there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review. Our staff takes pride in offering great guest service and I am happy to hear that Heather meet those expectations. I will pass along your kind words to her. Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, hope to see you again real soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding went into room found old qtip and pills on floor between beds mold on side of door and was choking on the chlorine from the pool all night bathroom was dirty had to kill two bugs two lights didnt work and both beds caved into middle the freezer in the fridge was completly frosted over all i can say is yuck never again i have pictures

• Stayed November 2013
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with the cleanliness of the room. Our Housekeeping department takes pride in providing clean rooms for our guests to stay in. I am sad to hear that we did not meet your expectations. i hope that in the future you will give us another chance.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great area, clean rooms, and friendly front desk staff. We were happy with the room, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Reasonable pricing with all the amenities that you need. Reception was friendly and professional. We will come again. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to know you enjoyed yourselves and our staff exceeded your expectations while here. I have shared your comments with our team. We appreciate your visit and hope to see you soon.
Wauconda, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Recently traveled to Burlington for a soccer tournament. The team booked a block of rooms here, so we kind of felt obligated to stay here. I had read the reviews prior to staying here and was very nervous, but I figured it was one night and it wouldn't be that bad. Well, I was wrong about that.

The exterior of the hotel/motel is very dated. There are rooms facing the exterior (like a motel) and there are rooms facing the interior (like a hotel). The interior reminds me of the old-style Holidomes that had the pool in the middle and the rooms surrounding. The pool is fairly large and includes a separate hot tub (however there is a sign stating no children allowed). There is a little putting green area and a tiki bar for the parents. With all the noise being generated in the pool area, I can only imagine how loud it was in the rooms facing the pool.

Luckily (or so we thought), our room was not directly facing the pool area. Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed the smell of smoke (despite it being a non-smoking room) and the tiny little spiders crawling on the beds. In addition, the HVAC vent looked like it had mold growing out of it, and the carpeting looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time (this observation was confirmed later on by how dirty the girls' socks were). The whole room just was "dirty" and in need of a major overhaul.

As for the front desk and housekeeping people we talked with, all were nice and friendly. I can only imagine the amount of complaints they get on a daily basis.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel and your most recent stay with us. Our staff takes pride in providing our guests a great place to stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations while you were here. We do have a pest control service that checks our rooms on a regular basis so I am surprised to hear of the spiders on your bed. I would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly at 319-237-1397.
Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Been to Howard Johnson Burlington? Share your experiences!