An extended stay along the Mississipi River in Iowa was absolutely worthy because of the availability of a wonderful stay at Howard Johnson Hotel during the wintry month of February. The helpful staff were cordial and allowed a stupendous affordable rate and all inclusive services at this wonderful hotel in Burlington which allowed me the time to travel across the three states and to know parts of Central North America better.
It is the season when the state of Iowa becomes a migratory path of some unique avian species generic to North America cross the Mid Western States seeking hunting grounds in the winter along the mighty river. What a spectacular time of the year it turned out to be which made my trip worth every moment to be able to witness the range of birds and photograph their habits. Who would ever get such a golden opportunity?
I am totally indebted to the qualified staff and management of the Howard Johnson Hotel who did all things necessary to make my extended stay there memorable. I cannot but have good words for a review as I would wish others to have a similar encounter in a hotel which I consider as one of the pride of Burlington at a rate which one is all too jolly happy about.
To my shocking amazement, I see some negative impressions by others and I really ought to suggest to hotel residents to find approachable ways to the hotel staff and management as they are indeed extremely helpful. As in my experiences, although being a foreigner here, I was served to the best of their ability and could not envision that any other person would be served utterly differently. I do not feel this does the maginficent hotel any justice.
My hat off to Danielle, Kate, Tanya, and Sam in particular - people whose names I carry in gratitude in my Diary for their tremendous support during my visit.
My stay was coupled by a wonderful experience of seeing American families spend time gathering together during such momentous events such as post-Christmas and celebrating and exchanging gifts with one another at a central meeting point in Burlington across the States as far and wide as Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin. And indeed the people are as amicable as one could never have thought! A wonderful country and a wonderful people and equally wonderful Hotel in the Steppes of MidWestern America.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 61 North and Mt. Pleasant St (Rte 34), the Howard Johnson Burlington is next door to the Catfish Bend Casino and Burlington Bees Stadium and close to Fun City Family Water Park. In addition to our friendly staff and top notch service, you will find 2 indoor heated swimming pools, a hot tub/whirlpool, 4 large banquet halls for weddings, meetings and parties. Our Poolside weddings are unique. We provide full catering services. We have a Tiki bar and Lounge. All our guest rooms have flat screen 32 inch LCD TVs with Free HBO, Microwaves and Refrigerators. We offer Complimentary Breakfast, Free High Speed Wireless Internet Access. Our Bridal and Honeymoon suite is a beautiful addition with Jacuzzi and a 40 inch LCD HDTV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Burlington Hotel Burlington
- Howard Johnson Burlington Iowa