“Fantastic Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
West Burlington, Iowa
“Fantastic Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My stay at the Howard Johnson was great! From the moment I walked in, Sam was very polite and greeted me right away. Checking in was very quick and Sam told me everything I needed to know. Then I walked into the atrium and was shocked. If you judge this hotel by the outside you will be missing out! The atrium was GORGEOUS! Then my room was nice and clean. We stopped by the bar and had a great time with Soup! Beds were comfortable, slept through the night. Wish we would have had time to swim but we checked out pretty early with Tonya and she was busy folding towels and prepping breakfast but she was very quick and friendly with out check out! Will hopefully get to come back very soon!

Room Tip: inside rooms are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danielle H, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such an encouraging message about the staff. I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us.

Cordially,

Danielle Huddleston
319-237-8000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great value and excellent customer service! My expectations were well exceeded. From the moment I checked in, the staff was very attentive and made sure that all my requests were accomodated to. This property has a great pool and a beautiful atrium. Will be staying here on my returning trips to Burlington.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Danielle H, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel. I will be sure to pass along the message to the staff that they are doing a fantastic job.

We look forward to your upcoming visits.
Dade City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed there last week and it was 30 degrees outside. I called front desk to see why my heater was not working. They sent the maintance man to my room with a space heater. He said owner would not turn on boiler so guest could keep warm. The space heater kept tripping the breaker and my power kept shutting off and I had to call front desk to get it turned back on. I would never stay again and would not recommend you stay there either

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I apologize that you experienced issues during your stay. When our building was constructed a boiler/chiller system was installed. This means at our facility we either have air conditioning or we have heat, but we cannot have both at the same time. During the season change there are times in which it may be slightly uncomfortable in your room. We do provide space heaters or fans depending on our guests needs.

We offer our exterior guests a complimentary upgrade to an interior room. We did offer you this, but you declined.

Again, I do apologize that your stay was not satisfactory.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel was very nice the atrium area was very pretty. The kids loved the pool and Tonya and Sam were very helpful. Your staff was incredibly helpful and willing to go above and beyond. Soup at the bar was one of the best bartenders around. Had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012
It is wonderful to hear that your recent stay was great.

I will ensure that Tonya, Sam and Soup are recognized for their hard work.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great place to stay , I'm on the road a lot and this hojo is a home away from home. Enter as a stranger leave as a friend. Can't sleep late nights say hi to Tonya, she's great and up all night. She also makes a great cup of coffee. Sam, Soup, and Stacy are also the best.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking time from your day to leave us a review. We always like hearing from our guests.

We look forward to your upcoming visits.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

First the hotel is in such a great location, close to everything. The beds are so comfy. The night desk clerk Tonya was the best, so friendly the other staff is great as well. They all go above and beyond. So if looking for a great stay and a comfy bed, stay here cause here you'll get just that.

• Stayed October 2012
Danielle H, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you letting us know that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. Howard Johnson's nationwide provide our guests with Simmons mattress to ensure that our guests are satisfied.

I will ensure to let Tonya know that she was helpful for you.

Cordially,

Danielle Huddleston

Been to Howard Johnson Burlington? Share your experiences!