“The One and ONLY!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (515) 432-5100 can't find their own site. Great salsa, took some home. Great margaritas, Monday and Tuesday $2.50. Very good authentic mexican food in the middle of Boone, Iowa.
Ogden, Iowa, United States
“The One and ONLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We go to this restaurant very frequently, in fact they pretty much know our orders. I've never heard a complaint about them. My only "complaint" (if you want to call it that! ha!!) is that I don't get to enjoy many chips and salsa before my food arrives. They are very quick, the most wonderful mexican food EVER!! Wonderful service!!!!! Just outstanding all the way around.

Visited July 2012

Boone, Iowa
“We've ate there so much we've overdosed on the place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We were eating here for the last 5yrs. every Saturday. Lacking imagination or courage, we mostly always had the same things. I like the taco, chili releno w beans lunch, hub usually gets the Super Burrito. It has always been very good. I have also had their Mexican Fetticini and it is excellent. Hub use to get the steak ranchero everytime we went then switched to the burrito. Their Queso Blanco (cheese dip) is to die for, best I ever had.

Then one day we went and the meat in the taco tasted blah to me. Next time the super burrito had both chicken & beef in it and we had ordered beef (yuck).

Went one more time and again the taco meat tasted ichy to me, I really think it was me and just eating at the same place too much. One other thing I wish is that their hot sauce was offered free and not as a side dish you have to pay extra for.

Please give it a try, best service in town! Prices are very reasonable. We'll be back but we'll try other dishes on the menu.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite restaurant!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We go at least once a week. Love the food and the people!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boone, Iowa
“Fast Friendly Service...and Great Food, too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

We visit this restaurant a couple of times per month (sometimes more if the urge for a good margarita arises) and have never had a problem with either service or food quality. The servers are all very friendly and efficient and the food comes quick! Unless you're hungry, the chips and salsa won't be gone before your entree arrives...the salsa is excellent and the chips are warmed.

My wife loves the Chile Colorado and I enjoy all varieties of their Fajitas (come sizzling during dinner hours or smaller, not-sizzling during lunch). Other good options include the Chicken Alambre Dinner and some of their daily specials, though I don't think you can go wrong with any of the traditional Mexican entrees they offer.

Definitely one of the top 5 places to eat in Boone if you like variety from buffets, pizza and fast food!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere