“Food at Tradewinds” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Bettendorf
Gretna, Nebraska
“Food at Tradewinds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

After asking the girl working at Tradewinds if their salads were made fresh daily-her answer to me was yes. I purchased one and well let's just say if they made it that morning then whoever prepared it does not have a clue not to put wilted lettuce in their salads. I was disgusted, so I took it to a guy who said he was the manager in the buffet area-showed him and he was dumb enough to ask if I wanted a different one !!! Really-so the next one would be different-how ??? I said no-then he asked if I wanted something else. Again I said no. I told him I was bringing it to his attention so he would take care of it. He said they were made this morning. I walked away shaking my head because I had to report them last year for getting really sick after eating buffet.

Room Tip: Hotel is ok, buffet is still questionable-stuff seems to be out too long. I always have to stir stu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
davenport iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Room was nice, lobby great, but the pool is filthy! Big globs of dirt all over the floor I feel like I need an antibiotic after being in here. If I could figure out how to add pics from my phone I have a couple showing the slimy dirt on floor. So hotel is nice, just avoid the pool!

Stayed July 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

To begin I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We stayed in the north tower and after reading the reviews for the hotel was very worried about our arrival. Check in was easy and quick considering there was a large number of us with HRPT staying here. We were happy with the size and cleanliness of the room. Bathroom was very large modern and nice amenities. Our only complaint was quality of food at buffet for the price. A lot of items were running low and they were slow to replenish them. The food also was cold and some items just tasted awful. Also when walking in the skywalk to buffet you can smell the cigarette smoke from casino which to non smokers is not pleasant.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
North of Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was always our favorite hotel and casino to spend a little time in. Hotel still OK, Buffet is still REALLY BAD, we went and looked first before we purchased and there was nothing even tempting! Ate at the little snack bar, and even that was not good.
So gambling, we have always had fun here. This time 4 out of 4 of us lost, not just lost, never even got ahead to lose what we won. We actually didn't even go back down the day we left, because why bother!
Overall we were really bummed this time by the whole experience here. Probably wont go back for many years.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
McHenry, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We go down to the Isle a few times a year. Especially since we get 'coupons/comps' in the mail. However this year we have gotten very little. We do like going there, the staff is friendly and the buffet is good (although not so much for dinner). I like the fact that I can smoke while losing my money. If I am going to 'donate' I should be comfortable doing so :). We have not been there since April--it is a fairly long drive just for a short weekend. We stay at the hotel, when we get it discounted. But it is in need of some TLC. Of course, that is not due just to the staff--it is due to the 'customers' and their lack of respect. We as guests should be a little more considerate!! I lost my job in Dec. and now make half of what I am used to, so really look forward to the comps we got in mail, just so I could get away for a little bit. I love the party pit (friday) and the staff on the boat is wonderful. When the staff is attentive, and nice you do not notice how much you are losing. IF they are codgy you tend to count your money more??

Room Tip: South tower is shorter walk to casino. North tower is closer to convention center/concerts.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Vinton, IA USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was here for a conference. The convention center is reached by a skywalk that is needed to cross the railroad tracks next to the North Tower. Workshops were held in small rooms in the tower. If you wanted to eat during the day you had to take the skywalk to the South Tower which is across the property by the casino on the Mississippi River. There is no frig in the room.
My room was a handicap king #6007. It had a great walk in shower.with a hand wand that fit in a bracket that was almost head high. It had a small flat screen TV and coffee maker. The coffee maker was on a table/desk that was high enough to block access to the extra outlet unless you pulled the table away from the wall.
The easy chair was soft and you sank in. This made it difficult to get out of. Not ideal for a handicapped person.
The view was of the parking lot with the tracks and the convention center on the left and a parking ramp on the right with the river in the distance.
The bed was made with flat sheets, and no fitted bottom. They were put on sideways with the top sheet having a 10-12 inch fold down. In others words you were short sheeted and my feet hung out. There was a bed spread and the another sheet was tucked in over this. Huh. To say the least when you untucked this the sheet ends hung on the floor, and for some you might need a winch to untuck the bed. The bed was not comfortable for me so I never had a good night;s sleep the 3 nights I was there.
The room was used but I have been in worse. You could see where the vacuum stopped, and used tissues had been put back in the box.
If there is a conference there again I will look for a better room at a better place. It was a nice building but the priorities seemed elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose an upper room away from noise. Maybe a West room will have a better view, bridge, river, and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bettendorf hotels

Adana, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here while traveling West on I-80. It was a good price, comfortable and a great alternative to a standard motel along the side of the road. It was comfortable and clean with some dining options and a path along the river to stretch your legs after a long day of driving. It was pet friendly but they do require a deposit that is not advertised on their website.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!