“Gross” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
DUBUQUE, IOWA
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I sent back my Chicken Oscar, it was a pile of grease, husbands prime rib over cooked the only good item was the whipped potato how can you screw that up>

Visited July 2012

JACKSONVILLE
“Kris Graduaation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Food was great. Location was good. Good customer service

Visited June 2012
“VERY nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

OK this place needs some help in the decor department. It tries to be ellegant but doesn't quite make it. Looks wise it is strange and eclectic to say the least.
However, absolutely the nicest staff ever!!
Because the hotel I was supposed to stay at had sold my room even though I had already paid for it they sent me to The Lodge. They said they would pay for both nights at The Lodge but then once I was there only paid for one night. I inquired about the cost of the room for the second night. I really could not afford the rate they were asking (even though it is a pretty standard rate these days). Essentially they were willing to work with me beacuse of the crazy circumstances and I was able to stay at a rate I could afford.
And the bed was soooo comfortable!! I got used to the odd decor and came to appreciate it. I told the housekeeper to not make up my room. She kept asking me if I was sure there wasn't something I needed and assured me if I changed my mind to let her know. Just the NICEST people ever! The room with the pool and hot tub was pretty cool with the stained glass windows. If you can get past the decor and the desperate need for an update in some places this really is an awesome placed to stay!

Visited April 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The breakfast buffet and lunch was ok. The juice should be out where guests can help themselves instead of waiting on a server to get it for them

Visited April 2012
Lacon, Illinois, United States
“Best Prime Rib in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I must confess I am not much of a meat eater, but I have to have the prime rib every time I come here! It's so tender, has so much flavor and just melts in your mouth. We also tried the stuffed mushrooms on this visit. Delish! I missed the traditional cinnamon rolls they used to serve with dinner, but the rolls and the cinnamon butter made me forget about the way they used to come!

Visited February 2012