“A Trip to Brenspeed Brought Me Here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chestnut House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winona Lake
Chestnut House Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Chestnut House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
806 Chestnut Street, Winona Lake, IN 46590   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Winona Lake B&B and Inns
Kansas
“A Trip to Brenspeed Brought Me Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Chestnut House Bed and Breakfast is nice...nicer than the Waldorf-Astoria signature suite in NYC! Of course, the bed and breakfast is a bit more cozy. There are enough activities within walking distance for at least two days. Machelle's recommendations are very helpful. I did the walking trail for a nice evening trek after eating at the Boathouse Restaurant. The rooms are very well done and super clean. Everything is excellent and the breakfast is superb with plenty to eat. I especially enjoyed the jet-bath just before bed as a way to relax.

I spent two days at the bed and breakfast and I wish I could have stayed longer. If you are wanting a couples get away then this is a good place to stay. Personally, I came to get my Mustang modified and custom tuned at Brenspeed (Think performance engineering) which was about 12 miles away. If Brenspeed is your destination, then Chestnut House is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice. It is a matter if one has a wood trim preference (think color tones).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Eatonton, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed only one night...wish it could have been more. The B&B is exceptionally clean, well kept, comfortable. Fred and Machelle were the perfect hosts! And the breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: If you like a room with a kitchenette, the top floor is it! The whole top floor of the house contai...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I wanted a place to take my wife for a suprise get away. A place to get away from the world for awhile and man did I find it. The Chestnut House and its Hosts Machelle and Fred are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Machelle cooks the most amazing breakfasts. We met some amazing people around the breakfast table and had great conversations. I walked away with new friends. My wife and I have never had a place that felt more like home to us. This has become our spot and we are going to take time to come here atleast twice a year. The Village is close with its unique shopping experience. I cant say enough about this place. If you do not go, you have definately missed the boat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Maple Room. Love the fireplace.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Indaina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Chestnut House is a beautifully restored old house with wood floors and attention to detail throughout. We stayed in the White Oak room, which features an enclosed sleeping porch that adds a reading nook to the suite. We had excellent wifi on the second floor. Innkeepers Fred and Machelle are super friendly. They provide excellent service and scrumptious breakfasts. The B&B is walking distance from the village shops and the lake. One caveat - house rules request that you remove your shoes everywhere inside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
shorewood illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I have had the pleasure of staying at Chestnut House 3 times this Summer and each time has been outstanding. Machelle and Fred are wonderful hosts and have become friends to us. The food,rooms and house are so much nicer than a hotel and in most cases cheaper, you are missing out on a wonderful experience by not staying there. Winona Lake with the shops and restaurants within walking distance make this a can't miss for traveling to the area.

Doug and Donna H.

Room Tip: Have stayed in both the Cherry and Maple rooms both are very nice with each having it's own char...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pecatonica, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Beautiful inside and out. A wonderful neighborhood and excellent service. Thank you Machelle!
We only stayed one night but will definitely return when visiting our daughter at Grace College. Quiet and relaxing, just what we needed after a long drive. Within walking distance of quaint restaurants, shops and the lake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently attended my 50th class reunion. While I explored the changes in my home town, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this perfectly restored B&B. Machelle and her husband were charming, the other guests interesting and breakfast amazing and delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Chestnut House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!