“A Little Underwhelmed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette

FourPoints.com Booking.com
Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 Cumberland Avenue, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (Formerly University Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Indiana
“A Little Underwhelmed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I am staying here tonight because we had a tornado go through this afternoon and there is no power, water or heat at my home. For the price of this hotel room I am underwhelmed. This room cost $99 for the night. It is a clean room and has nice furniture and a comfy bed. The reason I am underwhelmed is that there was still trash in the trash can and the fan makes so much noise that when I get ready to go to sleep I am going to have to turn the heat off. I guess it is a good thing I like to sleep in a cool room. Luckily it is an inside room so I am hoping it doesn't get to cold in here. For the money I guess I expected something more. But since it is in close proximity to Purdue University I guess they can charge this much and get away with it. I am pretty sure I would not stay here again unless it was an emergency.

Room Tip: Turn on the heat before you settle in to make sure the fan isn't so noisy you can't sleep.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
GMSusan, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for providing a review on Trip Advisor, I appreciate your feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this trip, our goal was to make the best of a bad situation with many of our guests staying because of the storm. We have addressed the issues you mentioned immediately. I hope you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again in the future.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Miami, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When other hotels close to Purdue aren't available, this one always is. Needs alot more modern amenities, but has come a long way. Good value for the money and is certainly close to enough stuff esp. Ross-Aide stadium if you're there for Boilermaker football.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMSusan, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor, I appreciate your feedback. Please come back and visit us again as we continue to modernize our property to accommodate all of our guest's needs!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a nice hotel/motel, near the Purdue campus. It has a large atrium with a pool. The breakfast area is at one edge of the atrium, between the lobby and many of the guest rooms, and it's a bit disconcerting to have people walking back and forth through the middle of the dining area. Room was clean and the service more than adequate, even under the strain of a full house of football fanatics. But wow, the prices double on football weekends, and it's hard to justify what you pay for what you get.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking to time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your feedback. Please visit us again!
Columbus, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my family during a trip to Purdue. The room was extremely run down with worn out and dirty carpet. Right in front of the front door the carpet had slipped off and nails were protruding from the floor which made it very unsafe for my Children. When I mentioned this to the staff at reception, they wrote it down, but did not have a single word of apology. Hopefully they will fix it soon before someone really gets hurt.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi NMan2013,

Thank you for your helpful feedback regarding your recent stay. I will be sure to share and reinforce your comments to our management staff so that they can address this issue.

Travelers are raving about these West Lafayette hotels

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I found this hotel by looking on Trip Advisor. I stayed here for Family Weekend at Purdue. Pretty close to the University and football field. Staff friendly and helpful. The rates for this weekend were a bit over priced but nothing I could really do since this was a special event weekend and rooms were in demand. The rooms were reasonably sized and updated. Rooms clean. Most of the rooms though were lined around the indoor pool area which i guess could get loud at times. Luckily ours was off away from this area. It was nice though that they had a sitting area outside of the pool area with tables and chairs so we were able to sit there with are group and hang out after we got back from the football game. One disappointment was that their internal restaurant which is a sports bar has very strange hours. It is open for lunch 10-2 then closes to 4pm. So when we returned from the game and wanted food we had to leave the hotel. NIce thing is that is does offer pizza to go so we ended up eating pizza late nite by the pool. Breakfast buffet is also offered in the morning for a minimal charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the indoor pool. Could get loud
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi emmaretto,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and the hotel overall. I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with the restaurant. We will share your feedback with our hotel management teams.
We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I and some friends of ours recently stayed at this hotel for a Purdue football game. Upon arrival, the lobby and indoor pool area looked average. Our rooms on the other hand needed some TLC. Although there was a flat screen TV and the beds were somewhat comfortable, the positives ended there. All 3 rooms we occupied had filthy bathrooms. The tiles were cracked and stained, the bottom of the white bathtubs were grey and in need of some serious bleach, and the toilets had rings inside as if they hadn't been cleaned properly in weeks. We actually asked to move rooms the first night as there were hairs all over the bathtub and bathroom floor when we first arrived. On top of that, the AC wall units were very loud. The location is decent and close to a Walmart, making it easy to get tailgating necessities, but they could definitely use a new maid staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi Kelilyn,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. We apologize that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. I will share your feedback to our housekeeping team so that they can address these issues.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette? Share your experiences!