“Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Campus Inn

You added Campus Inn to your Saves list
Campus Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 Brown St, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
baraboo,wi
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Thanks from the passed reviews management has figured out that they need to put some money in this place..My room was nice and been remodeled.and they where working on other rooms when i was there.they might want to think about more energy efficient windows and insulation in the walls.as you can feel the cold air coming in.it was cold the evening i was there, 8 degrees. But heater keeped up with it..There a lot to do near by.hopefully they will keep up with there remodeling program in the years ahead.It has a lot going for it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Campus Inn when we went back to Purdue for a football game. When we arrived, it took us 20 min to check-in because the owner was berating the people ahead of us. I expected our room to be outdated, but it was absolutely disgusting and had a terrible odor. The one night we stayed there, we witnessed a guy vomiting in the parking lot from the back seat of his car. The next morning, there was a group of kids in zebra suits that were out of control. As I was walking through the parking lot, one of them dropped his pants and started peeing right in front of me...in broad daylight! For $130/night, this hotel was absolutely unacceptable. Find some place else to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Campusinn, Manager at Campus Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
This unfortunate collection of incidents is 1 of only 2 we've had this football season. Over- consumption of alcohol, coupled with poor decisions of young adults is not uncommon near campuses during football season. That one group of 4 rooms precipitated multiple events, that affected not only "boilerup5648" but many other guests is an embarrassment, and we apologize to all of our guests who were affected by this poor behavior.
The group was at the center of all the incidents witnessed by "bolierup5648" (and more). We did terminate their 2nd day of service and they were ordered to leave the property. Campus Inn does not condone nor tolerate inappropriate behavior and we will continue to deny or terminate service for those not able to properly control their behaviors. Not surprisingly, during a sold-out football weekend, with football weekend prices, a tired room, and poor behavior from other guests, a spoiled stay for "boilerup5648" is understandable.
A long overdue room remodeling project was actually started before football season and a third of our rooms are now complete with new carpet and flooring, new furniture, fixtures and paint. We will continue to remodel rooms during the off-season and hope to have the project complete by early spring. We do hope that "bolierup5648" (and any guests that were likewise effected) will give us another try. When booking your room please ask for a newly remodeled room.
Our standard (non-special event pricing) is a bargain, with clean (and newly remodeled) rooms, minutes from Purdue University campus, and walking distance to great restaurants and entertainment, we offer a value that no other local lodging option provides. Our thanks to our many regular clients who have discovered our unique values and friendly service.
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Biker friendly. We had reservation with Campus Inn and we knew we were going to be late. We were much later than we planned. When making the reservations I asked for a ground floor as we have a lot of crap to carry to the room. They were under renovation so had limited space but were able to accommodate us. We found the room very comfortable and this motel is in the middle of everything. Walking distance to several things. We wish we would of arrived earlier to enjoy them. I'm confident I will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was a little wary of staying here after looking at the reviews, but I had a perfectly pleasant stay. My room was clean. The air conditioning worked great. I had plenty of hot water. The room had a handy fridge/microwave. The bed was comfortable. The surrounding area was quiet, and I didn't have trouble sleeping. The wifi was not super speedy, but it was adequate and consistent. Checkin and checkout were quick and easy. I didn't need a rental car because I could walk to the Purdue campus (and lots of shops, restaurants, etc.) within 10 minutes. I stayed here because it cost about $50 less per night than staying at the Purdue Union, which was the recommended hotel for the conference I was attending. In short, I saved money and, at the same time, had the opportunity to take a short and pleasant walk to the Purdue campus every day. I can't imagine what I "missed" by not staying right on campus. Walk 10 minutes, save $50!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel has nothing special to offer when staying at it. I stayed here during recruiting at Purdue. There were very few options when it came time to book a hotel. The rooms were clean (I was so afraid of them being disgusting), but they smelled awful. I think the smell even absorbed into my clothing that I had to hang. It was just an old, musty smell. A closet would have been nice. The wallpaper is peeling and full of water damage. The bed sheets were itchy. The bathroom was clean, but the shower was like a camp shower. It was tiny, even for someone small like me. The water took 5 minutes to get hot and then you had to keep playing with the hot and cold to keep the temperature ok. There was also a big green stain in the shower. I hope the bathrooms are getting complete renovations.

The lighting in the room was awful too. There was no light by the desk, so I couldn't try to get any work done. The TV had very few channels. We saw rooms were being renovated, but unfortunately we did not get one of them. I noticed they aren't changing the comforters in the new rooms. I love the hotels that have the duvets now because it seems so much cleaner. The A/C worked fine, but there was a terrible storm the night I was there and it kept me up all night. I can't believe Purdue allows this run-down motel so close to campus. The location is GREAT, but this place is such an eye-sore. I certainly hope they put some money into repairing the outside. I was embarrassed to be staying here. The lady at check-in was nice, but it was all downhill from there. The carpet outside the rooms is gross and dirty too.

I hope I never have to stay here again. Although it's a convenient location, I'd rather stay someplace that is more updated and has a better sense of cleanliness, even if it's a 15 minute drive to campus. I stayed in a hotel the next night at another recruiting location, and I felt like I was in a palace after experiencing the Campus Inn.

Room Tip: Since it's a motel, I'd suggest a room on the 2nd floor. I think the first floor rooms have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I made a reservation for this hotel over the internet. When I needed to cancel my reservation, I called and was told I had to cancel via the internet. The problem was that the hotel's web site was down so it was impossible for me to do so. When I called back, the hotel employee said they would charge me anyway for the room and was extremely rude. I wouldn't stay in this hotel if you paid me!

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay in any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had an emergency trip and needed a place quick. It was quick, but an awful place. Check in took twenty minutes because staff didn't know what to do. Charged a pet fee for our dog that was cleaner than the room. There was no heat on in the room until we came in. The floor was damp, I hope it was from carpet cleaner. I let the sink run for 5 minutes and the water never warmed at all. Tried the same with the shower with the same result. In the morning I tried for ten minutes and never got above ice water. Sheets seemed clean but the blanket had a cigarette burn through it. Room had a musty smell.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Campus Inn? Share your experiences!