“Very comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Campus Inn

You added Campus Inn to your Saves list
Campus Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 Brown St, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Very comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Biker friendly. We had reservation with Campus Inn and we knew we were going to be late. We were much later than we planned. When making the reservations I asked for a ground floor as we have a lot of crap to carry to the room. They were under renovation so had limited space but were able to accommodate us. We found the room very comfortable and this motel is in the middle of everything. Walking distance to several things. We wish we would of arrived earlier to enjoy them. I'm confident I will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was a little wary of staying here after looking at the reviews, but I had a perfectly pleasant stay. My room was clean. The air conditioning worked great. I had plenty of hot water. The room had a handy fridge/microwave. The bed was comfortable. The surrounding area was quiet, and I didn't have trouble sleeping. The wifi was not super speedy, but it was adequate and consistent. Checkin and checkout were quick and easy. I didn't need a rental car because I could walk to the Purdue campus (and lots of shops, restaurants, etc.) within 10 minutes. I stayed here because it cost about $50 less per night than staying at the Purdue Union, which was the recommended hotel for the conference I was attending. In short, I saved money and, at the same time, had the opportunity to take a short and pleasant walk to the Purdue campus every day. I can't imagine what I "missed" by not staying right on campus. Walk 10 minutes, save $50!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel has nothing special to offer when staying at it. I stayed here during recruiting at Purdue. There were very few options when it came time to book a hotel. The rooms were clean (I was so afraid of them being disgusting), but they smelled awful. I think the smell even absorbed into my clothing that I had to hang. It was just an old, musty smell. A closet would have been nice. The wallpaper is peeling and full of water damage. The bed sheets were itchy. The bathroom was clean, but the shower was like a camp shower. It was tiny, even for someone small like me. The water took 5 minutes to get hot and then you had to keep playing with the hot and cold to keep the temperature ok. There was also a big green stain in the shower. I hope the bathrooms are getting complete renovations.

The lighting in the room was awful too. There was no light by the desk, so I couldn't try to get any work done. The TV had very few channels. We saw rooms were being renovated, but unfortunately we did not get one of them. I noticed they aren't changing the comforters in the new rooms. I love the hotels that have the duvets now because it seems so much cleaner. The A/C worked fine, but there was a terrible storm the night I was there and it kept me up all night. I can't believe Purdue allows this run-down motel so close to campus. The location is GREAT, but this place is such an eye-sore. I certainly hope they put some money into repairing the outside. I was embarrassed to be staying here. The lady at check-in was nice, but it was all downhill from there. The carpet outside the rooms is gross and dirty too.

I hope I never have to stay here again. Although it's a convenient location, I'd rather stay someplace that is more updated and has a better sense of cleanliness, even if it's a 15 minute drive to campus. I stayed in a hotel the next night at another recruiting location, and I felt like I was in a palace after experiencing the Campus Inn.

Room Tip: Since it's a motel, I'd suggest a room on the 2nd floor. I think the first floor rooms have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I made a reservation for this hotel over the internet. When I needed to cancel my reservation, I called and was told I had to cancel via the internet. The problem was that the hotel's web site was down so it was impossible for me to do so. When I called back, the hotel employee said they would charge me anyway for the room and was extremely rude. I wouldn't stay in this hotel if you paid me!

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay in any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had an emergency trip and needed a place quick. It was quick, but an awful place. Check in took twenty minutes because staff didn't know what to do. Charged a pet fee for our dog that was cleaner than the room. There was no heat on in the room until we came in. The floor was damp, I hope it was from carpet cleaner. I let the sink run for 5 minutes and the water never warmed at all. Tried the same with the shower with the same result. In the morning I tried for ten minutes and never got above ice water. Sheets seemed clean but the blanket had a cigarette burn through it. Room had a musty smell.

• Stayed March 2013
Midland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am sure there are worse places to stay on the planet than the Campus inn, like Detroit, but I just would not go here at all. For $20-30 more per night if not the same amount as you pay here, you can upgrade yourself to a much much much nicer place. If the only thing you care about whatsoever is location, then go right ahead. I am the least OCD person I know, but even this place made me want to clean everything insight, as well as myself. Do Indiana, and Lafayette a favor, boycott this place so they can bulldoze it and put in something at least halfway decent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Almaty, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are searching for low prices and not far from campus - Campus Inn is good choice. And especially if you are in West Lafayette for first time, as we were. The hotel staff was friendly, always willing to help and provided us with a map and all the necessary information. Campus, restaurants, shops, even movie theater - all is near this hotel. It was our first visit to USA, and this hotel did not spoil our impression from visiting West Lafayette and Purdue University.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#3 of 21 in Lafayette
4.0 of 5 stars 328 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette

Been to Campus Inn? Share your experiences!