“Charming hotel right on campus!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Union Club Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Lafayette
Union Club Hotel
Save Saved
You added Union Club Hotel to your Saves list
101 North Grant Street, Purdue Memorial Union, West Lafayette, IN 47906   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in West Lafayette
Amherst, Ohio
“Charming hotel right on campus!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is one of my favorite Purdue hotels. It's priced right and therefore hard to book sometimes depending on Purdue's event activities. One downside is that full size beds are their biggest bed option. Rooms are clean and there are many restaurant choices in the Union building. Free parking is available in the parking garage across the street. (Very convenient - parking at Purdue can be hard to find)

Room Tip: Each floor has a family suite with 2 rooms which is nice if you need a little extra space. They book...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is staffed by the rudest, least friendly people I have encountered. Upon check-in, I was barely acknowledged by the front desk agent. She handed me some paperwork for me to guess where to sign. I had to prompt her for a parking pass, directions to the garage, how to get to the elevator for my room, etc. The room was okay. I had 2 double beds and enough floor space and furniture to be comfortable. But the shower is more like a water fountain. It was reasonably warm, but at the rate it trickles out, it took at least a minute to fully wet a washcloth. I debated about setting off the sprinkler (located in the shower for some odd reason) just to get rinsed off.
Then, I go down for dinner. It's an old elevator, but it shouldn't take 30 mintues to go 2 floors. Yes, I got trapped in the elevator. Of course, when your locked in small room, time goes very slowly. After they contacted emergency workers to free me, I thought perhaps I would get a free cup of coffee, a discount on the room...nope. Not even a hint of an appology. The front desk ladies just giggled, "It's an old hotel. What do you expect?"
I decided there were too many better options in the area to put up with this any longer. I decided to check out early. When I finally got someone to come to the front desk, I said I wanted to check out early because the staff was so rude. The gentleman at the counter said indignantly, "not my staff." Well, I don't know who he was and I don't care. If he had access to the computers to check me out, then he certainly had control over the staff. Take responsibility! This experience has tainted my whole view of Purdue University, and it will certainly be reflected when they ask for my help in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is attached to the Purdue student union. I had a room with one queen sized bed. It was comfortable. The best part was being able to walk easily to anywhere on campus. The union itself is gorgeous. Internet and parking were free. The furnishings were a bit dated, and the room wasn't very spacious. My room was on the first floor and it felt like I was walking through a maze to get to it from the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
North Central Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We really enjoyed the Purdue Memorial Union. We were on campus for a tour and were treated very well. We were offered free breakfast in the Sagamore room, free wi-fi and free parking. Thanks for making our visit to Purdue very special. I highly recommend when you are planning a trip to Purdue. It is within walking distance to everything on campus. Perfect for football or basketball games!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Part of Purdue Memory Union, basically can walk to most of the campus buildings, location is great. Room is relatively small but for a short stay I have no complain on that. The ground floor of memory Union has several restaurants, walking to a campus plaza is also 2 or 3 minutes away. More fun if you happen to stay there when there is a Purdue football home game, you will see many girls and guys in fancy clothes crossing just in foront of the hotel...really fun...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New Castle, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Now that I'm a student at Purdue and have family coming up to visit, I often suggest that they stay at the Union simply because of its location. It's right on campus (although it is the opposite side of campus as the res halls..), and parking is just across the street. The Union is rather old, but there have been renovations over the years, and the rooms aren't in bad shape. Location is definitely the selling point for this hotel.
Simply put, if you don't go in expecting anything too fancy, you won't be disappointed. You'll be right on campus and won't have to fight traffic or pay again for parking when you wake up and get ready to explore Purdue.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Severna Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

In the last four years, I have stayed here at least 120 nights! Usually, a week at a time. While in West Lafayette, I have sampled the Holiday Inn and the Hilton. The Union Club lacks many of the ammenities of the other two, but it is all about location!!! If you are wanting to visit Purdue Campus, you just cannot beat the location, it is right in the Student Union with free parking in the garage across the street. Downstairs in the food court of the Student Union are a bunch of places to eat. But when the students are not there they open later and close earlier!! Check at the front desk when you arrive to determine what is open. Starbucks opens usually at 7AM but some weeks at 7:30AM. On many ocassions I have had slow drains, little water pressure,etc..but it is location!! There are the typical rooms (small) and the upgraded rooms (much bigger and with a refrigerator).
Front desk is a mixture of permanent staff (excellent) and student employees.
Bottom line is for the more typical stay go to one of the hotels, but if what brings you here is business or a meeting on campus, then just put up with a few possible annoyances and enjoy the location!!!

Room Tip: lower floors and close to the front desk, some rooms are a long, long walk down a hallway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Union Club Hotel? Share your experiences!