“Location is perfect for campus visit.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Union Club Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Lafayette
Union Club Hotel
You added Union Club Hotel to your Saves list
101 North Grant Street, Purdue Memorial Union, West Lafayette, IN 47906   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
“Location is perfect for campus visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms great location. Overpriced for the area, considering the lack of amenities available. I would stay here again though because of the excellent location.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wmsport, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I rang in 2012 at the Union Club Hotel! What a great place! We were in town for the Purdue men's basketball game and the hotel is easily within walking distance to Mackey Arena. We took advantage of a promotional rate that they offer around the holidays but even at regular price, this place is worth every penny. The room was immaculate, tastefully decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff was courteous and checking in and out was a breeze. We look forward to a return trip in the future and highly recommend the Union Club Hotel to anyone coming to Purdue or the surrounding area for a visit!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in the Union Club hotel for a Purdue University tour with our son. There is a conveniently located parking garage directly across the street. The lowest level of the hotel has several places to eat and get snacks, including a Starbucks. Although, there are many restaurants and fast food places within walking distance of the hotel. A fitness center and laundry room were expected in this type of hotel. However, the fitness center was very small and basic, containing only 1 of each type of machine--treadmill, bike, stepper, and weight machine. The one amenity that is unique to this hotel is a bowling alley on the lower level. We did not see it, however, during our quick tour of the hotel.

As stated in another review, the walk to your room can be a bit further than expected, but for us it wasn't a negative. The room itself was clean and spacious, and the bathroom had a vanity and sink both inside and directly outside the bathroom. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Wireless internet access was available, and the speed was excellent. Overall, the room was nice, but not fancy.

My understanding is that there is a complimentary breakfast, but we were provided breakfast as part of our tour.

If we visit the area again, we will choose this hotel for the location and convenience. In addition, If you are looking for a comfortable and quiet place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We have stayed at the union club several times as we visit Purdue. The location is great, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms are clean. The only way I would suggest they improve their service is to provide coffee for guests in their lobby. Most hotels have coffee service standard. You can get coffee at starbucks but not until 8:00 am, which is rather late.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I recently returned from a visit to Purdue Univ. to tour campus with my son. Joining us was my 80 y/o Dad, a Purdue alumn. We chose the Union Club for it's central location. By staying there, we did not need to move the car for 2 days. Free garage parking is across the street. I had read less than complimentary reviews and was hoping for a reasonable stay. I can honestly say, I found the Hoted and staff to be quite nice. We opted for the "Family Room" with extra bedroom (for Gramps). The room was a bit tight, I will admit, but nicely decorated. Bathroom was standard hotel issue. No problems noted. We did not spend much time in the room other than resting or sleeping. The room came with complimentary breakfast in the adjoining building (student union) in the Sagamore Restaurant. We had a sit down meal with waiter and menu. Food was goood, but not great.

The only real negative I would say was the long hallway we had to walk to get to our room. On the bright side, it was at the end of the hallway and very quiet. If you are travelling with an elderly person, you may want to ask for a room a bit closer to the lobby. All in all, it was a great stay and I will certainly book a room here again should my son attend Purdue!

Room Tip: "Family" suites are at the end of a long hallway. Long walk for those who have trouble, b...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Ideally located on campus at Purdue with lots of restaurants nearby. Great place to stay if you don't have a car. Front desk staff are invariably disinterested and short with guests. It is a shame the University doesn't run this as it may have a better feel. Both times I've arrived I've been made to feel fairly uncomfortable - unclear why? This has happened a couple of times to us and I've overheard them with other guests too. The room service was good for breakfast. Rooms are very small but well decorated. Everything looks a little tired however. Beds are very comfortable with great linens. Its fine if you just want a room but otherwise I would stay elsewhere. Not much choice near Purdue but Hilton or Holiday Inn are both close and in my view a lot more comfortable. We moved to Holiday Inn after our second night in the Union.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

The Union Club Hotel at Purdue is THE place to stay if you are going to be on campus. Easy in, easy out, can walk to everything, with tons of food just down the stairs (at least 8 restaurants within an inside walking distance of 2 flights of stairs).

The rooms, however, sometimes need a little help. Cracked drop-ceiling tiles, a little older than you would like to see bath fixtures, etc are little things that still exist and add up after a while.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Union Club Hotel? Share your experiences!