“Classy, but fulfilling!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Classy, but fulfilling!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Mcgraws is a little pricy, but it's the old saying you get what you pay for! Great food, service, and atmosphere. It's located on the river!! Great wine and spirits selection. 5 stars!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Central Indiana
“Disappointed by a large loud crowd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were looking forward to our dinner at McGraw's on a Friday night. We decided to take our Purdue kids to dinner as they were tired of dorm food. We were looking forward to a nice night out and good conversation with our college kids. Our dinner was totally devastated by a crowd of 10 people who arrived in a RV ready to party. These were middle aged adults who had been drinking for a while and when they arrived they took over the restaurant. Our dinner was ruined as we could not even hear the conversation from across the table. We complained to our waitress but there was no manager available who would deal with this crowd of noisy partiers. We were greatly disappointed that our table of 6 was treated inferior to the party of 10. So we won't be back. I

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Good food in a lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visited McGraw's for the first time the other night for a job-related dinner. We got there before sunset, so I was able to enjoy the lovely view of the Wabash River and the surrounding fall foliage. I ordered the NY strip, which was a perfect medium-rare and quite tasty. We also indulged in some desserts (bread pudding, carrot cake) which were also very good.

The service was terrific. The young woman who served our table was attentive without being overbearing, and her timing for refills, plate collection, and inquiries about our needs was perfect. As all good service does, she improved the quality of our experience.

This was by no means the best meal I've ever had, but it was certainly above average. Given the nice setting, the generally reasonable prices (not inexpensive, but not overpriced), and the excellent service, I expect to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great impromptu dinner and visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stopped by to have drinks and dinner during visit to Purdue earlier this week. The menu and wine list are extensive. The owner, Todd, was very generous with his time as well as some tastes of his better wine selections. The food was well prepared and presented with good value. The setting along the river is quite nice. The renovation of this old restaurant has been nicely done and judging by the many locals at dinner, it has maintained a high acceptance within the community.

Look forward to stopping by again on our twice a year visit to Purdue.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Indiana
“Hidden gem along the Walbash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Wonderful food and service and would recommend reservations with a window view. I've never had the same meal twice and everything I've chosen has been wonderful. My favorite is their Honey Bourdon Salmon. I've had salmon in many restaurants in many cities and this my favorite. Normally I never get a dessert but this is the only place where I splurge. Great wine selection too.

• Visited September 2012