“Not what we had hoped for over lunch” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 116 Restaurants in West Lafayette
Cuisines: Chinese
West Lafayette, IN
“Not what we had hoped for over lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The A/C must not have been working on Monday when we had lunch at Happy China, since it was extremely hot?? The food was average at best and I don't plan to return. My friend had the same impression. The Lafayette area has several other better choices.

Visited July 2012

West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have ordered from here a few times. The food tastes good. I've had better and I have had worse. The prices are pretty cheap too. Their customer service however is completely non-existent. It is really hard to place the order in the first place because of their accent, and once you say what you want, they hang up, without giving you the total price or estimated time of delivery. Then some mystery amount of minutes later they come to your door and about 70% of the time the order is wrong. And twice now, the driver has come back with NO change. That is, we told them we would pay with cash, our order was about $11 or something like that, we only had a twenty dollar bill and the driver said....'uh...I only have about a dollar in change...." This has happened twice now, so if you purchase from them pay with a credit card before hand since the business seem to be incompetent.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Indiana
“huge portions, my favorite chinese takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I love the lunch special here. The portions are very large. My favorite dishes are kung pao chicken, hot and sour soup, steamed dumplings, and the chicken lo mein. Definetly take out. The seating in the restaurant is not too good.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Lafayette, Indiana
“If you like eating spiders this is the place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Didn't even take a bite after seeing a spider crawl out of my general tso's chicken. Completely disgusting.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite fast Chinese. Delicious food, good price, and quick service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

My favorite fast Chinese. Delicious food, good price, and quick service