“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very clean and nice place to stay. My kids loved the pool. I liked how close it is to everything on west side of town. The breakfast wasn't to bad just needed to be a little hotter some of the stuff was cold. Over all we will stay again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we value our gusts opinions. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize that some breakfast items were cold and I will show the kitchen staff your review as an opportunity for us to learn and get better.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Christy Kuntz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went to Purdue for a college visit with my son. This hotel is located right on the main street, and is very well furnished. The rooms are clean and quite. Scotty's Brewhouse next door is a plus! Note, parking is $3 and breakfast is not included (for some reason, I thought the website said it was).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review, we value our guest's opinions. The staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a very nice property with nice rooms, indoor pool and is located convenient to shopping, restaurants and other activities. The parking is problematic especially in bad weather. You will park in a garage that is not attached directly to the hotel and it is quite a hike from the garage to the hotel. Check in an leave your car out front while you take luggage etc to room. The breakfast area is quite nice but be aware that the buffet will cost $8.95.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about our hotel and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our guests opinions are an excellent way for us to gauge how we are doing and to learn how we can improve on the Hilton Promise to our guests.

Thank you again & we hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,
granger, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent experience at Wabash Landing Hilton Gardens in W. Lafayette, Indiana. I would recommend this location to anyone. Service was excellent! Our family will stay here anytime we are in this city. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you somuch for the wonderful review. The staff and I appreciate your comments and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.

Warm regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

When checking in instead of getting a warm welcome I get a sermon about if I don't return my parking pass I will get $25 charged to my credit card. The room had several half drank bottles of water under the bed. The biggest issue is the air conditioner went out during the night. Very Hot! on a positive side it is in a nice location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you had a disappointing experience regarding some maintenance issues in you room. I am sorry that the A/C was not working properly. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance crew. In addition, I sincerely apologize if our staff did not welcome you in a positive way. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience the great customer service they deserve and I very much regret that we were not able to provide this for you.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Moorhead, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The parking is inconvenient for a Hilton Garden Inn located in a small city. There is a small lot in front of it but the parking there is only good for an hour or at night prior to 8am. In and out parking is available at a ramp behind the hotel. The pass cost $3 per day. For $3 the hotel would be best to just let guests park for free. No sense trying to make $3 from your guests. After we checked in, I was unable to get onto the Internet from the room despite having "Diamond" status with Hilton Honors. After failing a few tries, I called the desk. After they checked a few things, the front desk discovered that they did not initial my stay so my status as a guest was not activated. That was why I couldn't get on the Internet. I find that unacceptably irritating. That is the most fundamental thing to do for me as a guest is to tell the system that I am one. The hotel is cheerful and clean. The rooms are well appointed but there is no obvious electrical outlet around the two night stands. In today's world of many things at night needing to be plugged in, this is no longer acceptable. There isn't even access to an outlet behind the night stands on the wall. Nothing! The only wall outlet I found was about 8 to 9 feet from the bed. Not good.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, our guest's comments are important to us. I do apologize that the parking was inconveinent for you, the city owns both the lot out front and the parking garage and sets the times and fees for both. We are happy to be able to provide the secure, covered parking for our guests for a minimal fee; however, we understand that it is not ideal for all of our guests.

In regards to the check in process not being completed at the time you arrived, this appears to have been an oversite and I appreciate you letting us know of the issue so we can use this as a training opportunity for the staff so that we do not have these issues in the future.

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We value your loyalty to the Hilton Brand and do hope to see you again at our location in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel during the IAGLR conference at Purdue in June 2013. They offer a complimentary shuttle to campus, though I opted to take the 15 minute walk every day instead. There are a couple decent restaurants nearby, and it's a quick stroll across the pedestrian bridge to Lafayette for more options. If you can, stay on the river side of the building. My window looked right out over the fountain at the end of the pedestrian bridge, and it was a beautiful view.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we love hearing from our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,
Christy Kuntz

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette? Share your experiences!