“West Laffayette Indiana” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
Saline, United States
“West Laffayette Indiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great Place to Stay. Right in West Lafayette. Walking distance from Train Station and downtown. Nice view of the Wabash River. Lighted walking trails along the river. Hotel is Clean and well run. Buffet Breakfast is Excellent. Pool and Fitness room are never busy. Sports teams stay here that are in town to complete with Purdue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review of our hotel. The staff and I work really hard to make sure our guests ejoy their stay, so it is nice to hear when a guest truely enjoys staying with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Lafayette/West Lafayette area.

Christy Kuntz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

It can't be disputed that this branch of HGI does everything it says it "on the box" (or "on the tin" as they say in the UK). Clean, convenient, amenities within (pool, internet access, business center) and without (near a few restaurant choices, etc). But, the bed was really, really hard and uncomfortable. Arriving at 9 on a Friday, and there for only 2 nights, I didn't feel like changing rooms in the hopes of something better. I did mention the bed to the check out staff member. He let me know that there was a lever that was adjustable on the side of the bed. Oh.....I guess I should have spoken up sooner. Also, temperature was irregular (although within control in the room). This was my first visit fo WL. It appears this is a top of the line property and it was fine--don't get me wrong. Other than being hot or cold in the room and not getting any sleep for 2 nights from the mattress.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry for the fact that you did not have a comfortable stay. Be assured that we are sharing your concerns with all appropriate management so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations as this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Lobby area wasn't clean. The lady who checked us in kept answering the phone. Used the pool some one came in to ask our rm number, like u don't need a key to get in. Rooms need updated. Need lamps with outlets. Ugly tile around the spa tub in room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Upon checking in, I recieved 2 complimentary bottles of water from a very helpful staff. The room was very clean with no issues and a great view. The hotel is a 5 min drive to Purdue University and next door to a great resturant (Scotty's Brewhouse). I would absolutely stay here if I visited West Lafayette at a future date.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review! The staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed their in feb for first time as we got family member go to Purdue and being gold with Hilton better ! Always stay at holiday inn but tried different place this time, agree with previous reviewer, what a shame. We had hot water issues fr 2!days and were not even offered anything.....free breakfast .........how much does a egg cost. Have to stay there agin this week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am however very sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I sincerely apologize that the temperature of the water in your bathroom was not working properly. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can personally follow-up with our maintenance staff. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue be resolved. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This property is very centrally located. The staff was extremely friendly. There were many different bars, restuarants, and coffee shops right out the front door. If you want to say somewhere with a great staff and a great location this is the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is our goal for all of our guests to have a wonderful stay! We look forward to your next visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed her 5 times in the past year visiting our daughter attending Purdue. The hotel is conveniently located to campus and within walking distance of several good local restaurants. The staff is always friendly and helpful at check-in. The parking garage is behind the hotel and requires a card key access to get in and out. Be sure to return the parking card key in the box on the way out or they will charge your card a $25 replacement fee.

The hotel is clean and up to date. A typical Hilton Garden Inn. The walls are very thin and you hear a lot of noise from the room next door (shower, toilet seat going up and down, alarm clock from next room). Then hotel has been very busy each time I have stayed here and there is also a lot of hallway noise and chatter. The beds and pillows are very comfortable, just wish the walls were not paper thin. Coffee is typical Midwest---go to Starbucks (around the corner) if you want a stronger brew. Breakfast Buffett good value for the all the options.

Stayed March 2013
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our hotel and appreciate our guests opinions. The staff and I are pleased that you enjoy staying with us and appreciate your loyalty.

Thank you again and we will see you soon we hope!

Christy Kuntz

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette? Share your experiences!