“Good place to stay if visiting Pudue” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque New Mexico
“Good place to stay if visiting Pudue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here when visiting son at Purdue. Front desk staff were incredible and went out of their way to be accommodating. The air con/heating systems are outdated and very noisy- turn on and off throughout the night and it's almost like having an airplane take off in the room. We moved rooms once to lower the noise level - it was a newer unit- better but not perfect! As
The garage is not attached to the hotel and although very close is a freezing walk when the temps are very low and somewhat icy.
We were given breakfast vouchers and the breakfast was very good.
Pool is clean and inviting. very close to local eateries.
Good choice for Purdue - somewhat overpriced but they can get away with it as the choices are poor in the rest of West Lafayette. Thers is one other big chain which is good but not so convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we value our guest's opinions. The staff and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. Hilton Garden Inn's do have a full breakfast buffet with items made to order from the chef such as omelets, pancakes, French toast, eggs anyway, etc. for a minimal cost. In the future if you would like to have breakfast in your room rate, Hilton offers a wonderful package that you can purchase call the Bed & Breakfast Package, which is a great deal for our guests.

Thank you again & we look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,
Christy Kuntz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Purdue University. The location is fabulous - just down the hill from Purdue and a very easy walk. The hotel itself is very clean and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They have warm cookies in the evening which is a nice treat after walking around the campus all day. The room was fine - nothing fancy but very comfortable and clean. The pool is perfect for the size of the hotel. The only thing I did not like was the breakfast. They have it all laid out, and it looks like any other free hotel breakfast, only this one is not free. It is like $8 per person. We skipped this and went to Panera which is just about 5 doors down. However, this is definitely a great place to stay and perfect if you are wanting to be close to the university. Parking is great because there is a parking garage just behind the hotel which is very convenient and accomdated our truck.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are always happy to hear from our guests so that we can continue to improve our hotel.

We hope that if you are back in the area you will once again choose the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette.

Warm Regards,
Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently when visiting my daughter at Purdue. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The common areas of the hotel are nicely done. The rooms are quite large and comfortable. The furnishings are above average. The bed linens were very comfortable, including the cozy duvet. I purchased the package that included breakfast and the food selections and service were quite good.

The negatives include the not-so-soundproof construction. I could hear other guests talking, yelling, coming, and going. Also, the garage is not attached and located behind the property - it is a little inconvenient but not dreadfully so. I also thought it was a little expensive for this type of property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We value our guests opions and use them to continue to improve our hotel.

We are so pleased that you selected the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette for your accomodations in the area and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Warm regards,
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I tried staying at a few other places on my recent trip to Purdue. The main drawback of this hotel is it's location. It's a walk to either Lafayette or W. Lafayette. It seems like a short walk in good weather and is a trek in bad weather. The parking garage is separate from the building so you do have to walk outside, and the one way streets and alleys make getting in and out a bit difficult. But once you and your luggage are inside, it is the Hilton service that you expect. Cookies available every evening. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are always available for free. The employees are friendly adults doing their job, not snobby students too busy studying to care about the customers! There is a pool and hot tub, but I haven't used it. The fitness center is clean and has plenty of equipment without being crowded. Each machine has an integrated TV for private viewing. An all-in-one weight machine is outdated and under-utilized.
There are several restaurants and coffee shops in the strip mall attached to the hotel, a gas station/convenience store is a block away, a small ice rink is across the street, and the river trail for running/walking/biking is also across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our property, we are so glad that you enjoy staying with us! In regards to the walk to either Lafayette or West Lafayette, we do have a shuttle that operates from 8am to 8pm and we would be happy to assist you with transportation.

We know there are many choices for accomodations in the area and we are truly thank you that you choose to stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette. We look forward to your next stay!

Warm regards,
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn while traveling on business to Purdue. The rooms are very clean and business friendly. The hotel staff is accomodating and friendly.

Parking is an issue, which is located behind the hotel in a seperate garage, but it worked fine for me. The location of the hotel to Purdue is a benefit, so the parking seemed to be not that big of a deal.

Be careful of the breakfast buffet. I was told I could order ala carte, $2.00 per item. I got only 3 pieces of bacon and a small portion of scrambled eggs, thinking I was paying $4. My check was $8.95, the full price of the buffet. When I questioned this, the server told me through her broken English that ala carte was only for cereral and fruit. I wasn't happy about paying $8.95 for a full buffet with the little I ate, but was running late so I paid it.

Other than that little issue, everything else was fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the 5 Star rating! The staff and I are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry however that there was a misunderstanding with the breakfast charges, I will work with the staff to make sure that this is more clearly explained to our guests. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and apprecaite feedback from our guests to help us with this.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Lafayette/West Lafayette area.

Best regards,
Powell, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This property is "different" in a way. The hotel is connected/situated in a shopping plaza that is devoid of any tenants and is basically "dead". There's a sports bar serving good pub fare behind the hotel and a Starbucks just a short 1 minute walk away. The rooms are ok...clean and well-maintained. Being basically on the Purdue campus, I expected the hotel to have a "vibe" associated with it. Zilch. Has no pulse. Although there's a restaurant serving breakfast, no one seem to be there -- and I've stayed here twice in the past 6 months.

You must pay to park in the garage connected. I think the garage is owned by the City and HGI has spaces reserved for their guests on the upper decks. Parking is $3 per day and you have "parking card" that you must use to enter and exit the garage. However, the day you check out, you MUST deposit the parking card in a box by the gate as you leave. Otherwise you will be charged $25 for non-return of the card. This parking card looks like your room key card except a different color. I was charged $25 on my American Express 10 days after leaving the hotel and called to complain. That's when I found out about the "non return" of the parking card. I just wished the hotel staff informed me of this when I checked in. Thankfully, they agreed to reverse the charge. Just be sure you return the parking card when you leave.

Overall, the hotel is "ok" as I ordered room service from an Italian eatery next door. The staff is very efficient and business like. It's clean and if you do business with Purdue or attending a conference, it's a good place to stay. Just has no pulse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the parking charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Our guest feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is closer to the Purdue University as compared to the Holiday Inn which is across the Wabash River. A walk to the hotel from the Purdue Memorial Union is about 10 minutes.

It is a clean and quite hotel, with welcome tea and cookies at the desk. They have a nice buffet breakfast but the items do not change from day to day which makes it a bit of a repeat. Also there is no food on call as the restaurant is only open at the time of breakfast,

They have a nice pool which I not try as it was in the deep of winter! Good place to try and surely recommend

Room Tip: Choose the large business room