“Nice and clean, business or family friendly.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romantic Getaway Package
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
Indiana
“Nice and clean, business or family friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn while traveling on business to Purdue. The rooms are very clean and business friendly. The hotel staff is accomodating and friendly.

Parking is an issue, which is located behind the hotel in a seperate garage, but it worked fine for me. The location of the hotel to Purdue is a benefit, so the parking seemed to be not that big of a deal.

Be careful of the breakfast buffet. I was told I could order ala carte, $2.00 per item. I got only 3 pieces of bacon and a small portion of scrambled eggs, thinking I was paying $4. My check was $8.95, the full price of the buffet. When I questioned this, the server told me through her broken English that ala carte was only for cereral and fruit. I wasn't happy about paying $8.95 for a full buffet with the little I ate, but was running late so I paid it.

Other than that little issue, everything else was fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the 5 Star rating! The staff and I are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry however that there was a misunderstanding with the breakfast charges, I will work with the staff to make sure that this is more clearly explained to our guests. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and apprecaite feedback from our guests to help us with this.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Lafayette/West Lafayette area.

Christy Kuntz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Powell, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This property is "different" in a way. The hotel is connected/situated in a shopping plaza that is devoid of any tenants and is basically "dead". There's a sports bar serving good pub fare behind the hotel and a Starbucks just a short 1 minute walk away. The rooms are ok...clean and well-maintained. Being basically on the Purdue campus, I expected the hotel to have a "vibe" associated with it. Zilch. Has no pulse. Although there's a restaurant serving breakfast, no one seem to be there -- and I've stayed here twice in the past 6 months.

You must pay to park in the garage connected. I think the garage is owned by the City and HGI has spaces reserved for their guests on the upper decks. Parking is $3 per day and you have "parking card" that you must use to enter and exit the garage. However, the day you check out, you MUST deposit the parking card in a box by the gate as you leave. Otherwise you will be charged $25 for non-return of the card. This parking card looks like your room key card except a different color. I was charged $25 on my American Express 10 days after leaving the hotel and called to complain. That's when I found out about the "non return" of the parking card. I just wished the hotel staff informed me of this when I checked in. Thankfully, they agreed to reverse the charge. Just be sure you return the parking card when you leave.

Overall, the hotel is "ok" as I ordered room service from an Italian eatery next door. The staff is very efficient and business like. It's clean and if you do business with Purdue or attending a conference, it's a good place to stay. Just has no pulse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the parking charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Our guest feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is closer to the Purdue University as compared to the Holiday Inn which is across the Wabash River. A walk to the hotel from the Purdue Memorial Union is about 10 minutes.

It is a clean and quite hotel, with welcome tea and cookies at the desk. They have a nice buffet breakfast but the items do not change from day to day which makes it a bit of a repeat. Also there is no food on call as the restaurant is only open at the time of breakfast,

They have a nice pool which I not try as it was in the deep of winter! Good place to try and surely recommend

Room Tip: Choose the large business room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. These reviews give us the opportunity to constantly evaluate and improve our help.

The staff and I are happy that you enjoyed your stay & look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regard,
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Clean, comfortable, professional staff and great breakfast. I had a nice stay on a stressful trip. Fresh baked cookies, coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby at no charge. Restaurants and a movie theatre in short walking distance in the ajoining shopping area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that we were able to make a stressful situation a little less stressful and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you will choose the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette again if you are back in the area.

Warm Regards,
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hotel was clean. Staff was great! Food was perfect! Great place, and a great value!!! The kids loved the pool. Said if felt like bath water! The things to do outside the hotel were extremely abundant as well. All within walking distance. The ice rink, park, walking path, dining, movie theatre. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
The staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!! We look forward to your next visit!

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean. Friendly staff. The fitness center and pool were both quite nice....although I did not actually use the pool. The room was immaculate. The only negative was that the buffet breakfast was rather average.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review, the staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We know you have many choices of hotels in the Lafayette/West Lafayette area so thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn.

We look forward to your next visit!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay. It is located near to Purdue University. I stayed at this hotel in 2010 due to my business travel. I really enjoyed there, especially the swimming pool. The hotel also had free coffee in the lobby. The staffs were friendly and hospitable however they were a bit conservative. I should add that the shuttle drivers at the hotel was excellent and helped me so much. Overall, the hotel was clean, comfortable, and reasonable for staying in West Lafayette. I had a good time there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette again and for the positive review, we appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to your next stay!

Best Regards,
Christy Kuntz

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette? Share your experiences!