“Homely place in homely town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in West Lafayette
Pune, India
“Homely place in homely town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is closer to the Purdue University as compared to the Holiday Inn which is across the Wabash River. A walk to the hotel from the Purdue Memorial Union is about 10 minutes.

It is a clean and quite hotel, with welcome tea and cookies at the desk. They have a nice buffet breakfast but the items do not change from day to day which makes it a bit of a repeat. Also there is no food on call as the restaurant is only open at the time of breakfast,

They have a nice pool which I not try as it was in the deep of winter! Good place to try and surely recommend

Room Tip: Choose the large business room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. These reviews give us the opportunity to constantly evaluate and improve our help.

The staff and I are happy that you enjoyed your stay & look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regard,

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Clean, comfortable, professional staff and great breakfast. I had a nice stay on a stressful trip. Fresh baked cookies, coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby at no charge. Restaurants and a movie theatre in short walking distance in the ajoining shopping area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that we were able to make a stressful situation a little less stressful and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you will choose the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette again if you are back in the area.

Warm Regards,
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hotel was clean. Staff was great! Food was perfect! Great place, and a great value!!! The kids loved the pool. Said if felt like bath water! The things to do outside the hotel were extremely abundant as well. All within walking distance. The ice rink, park, walking path, dining, movie theatre. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
The staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!! We look forward to your next visit!

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean. Friendly staff. The fitness center and pool were both quite nice....although I did not actually use the pool. The room was immaculate. The only negative was that the buffet breakfast was rather average.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review, the staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We know you have many choices of hotels in the Lafayette/West Lafayette area so thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn.

We look forward to your next visit!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay. It is located near to Purdue University. I stayed at this hotel in 2010 due to my business travel. I really enjoyed there, especially the swimming pool. The hotel also had free coffee in the lobby. The staffs were friendly and hospitable however they were a bit conservative. I should add that the shuttle drivers at the hotel was excellent and helped me so much. Overall, the hotel was clean, comfortable, and reasonable for staying in West Lafayette. I had a good time there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette again and for the positive review, we appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to your next stay!

Best Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Friendly front desk staff answered all our questions and the shuttle driver to Purdue was charming! Got a local's view of the college town and potential changes under a new president (the former governor of IN). Clean rooms, decent breakfast. Beds were on the hard side, but it was only one night. Ask for a room overlooking the fountain and bridge.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the fountain & bridge on an upper floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the lovely review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future, here at the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette!

State College, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member and generally stay at Hiltons whenever I can, but the Hilton in West Lafayette has such disrespectful customer service that I will never return. I cancelled a series of stays on the same date due to an obligation that forced me to alter travel dates. Several weeks later, I received a reminder email a week before the arrival date. I called the hotel and informed them of the mistake. They had already billed my card 3 weeks before arrival and refused to give me a refund or work with me in any way. This in spite of the fact that they did not have any other 2-bed rooms available, and I knew of two separate families who wanted to rent a room. Ashley, the manager, was abrupt, argumentative and extremely unhelpful. This is a shameful blemish on Hilton to not assist one guest, while others actually want a room. It is shocking.

Room Tip: Choose the Sheraton
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve when you called over the weekend. My staff was only trying to uphold the policies that are in place for special event weekends and that were communicated to you when you made your reservation. I apologize that you feel that the staff come across as rude, but I do not think that was the intention. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I hope that the issue has now been resolved to your satisfaction per my email to you. Your satisfaction really is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Respectfully,
Christy Kuntz

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette? Share your experiences!