“Convenient & personable service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romantic Getaway Package
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient & personable service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Friendly front desk staff answered all our questions and the shuttle driver to Purdue was charming! Got a local's view of the college town and potential changes under a new president (the former governor of IN). Clean rooms, decent breakfast. Beds were on the hard side, but it was only one night. Ask for a room overlooking the fountain and bridge.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the fountain & bridge on an upper floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the lovely review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future, here at the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette!

Christy Kuntz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
State College, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member and generally stay at Hiltons whenever I can, but the Hilton in West Lafayette has such disrespectful customer service that I will never return. I cancelled a series of stays on the same date due to an obligation that forced me to alter travel dates. Several weeks later, I received a reminder email a week before the arrival date. I called the hotel and informed them of the mistake. They had already billed my card 3 weeks before arrival and refused to give me a refund or work with me in any way. This in spite of the fact that they did not have any other 2-bed rooms available, and I knew of two separate families who wanted to rent a room. Ashley, the manager, was abrupt, argumentative and extremely unhelpful. This is a shameful blemish on Hilton to not assist one guest, while others actually want a room. It is shocking.

Room Tip: Choose the Sheraton
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve when you called over the weekend. My staff was only trying to uphold the policies that are in place for special event weekends and that were communicated to you when you made your reservation. I apologize that you feel that the staff come across as rude, but I do not think that was the intention. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I hope that the issue has now been resolved to your satisfaction per my email to you. Your satisfaction really is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Respectfully,
Campinas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel has a great location, near the pedestrian bridge. The staff was attention and they also offer a shuttle to Purdue University.
The breakfast is so special and all the things were very clean.
It is also near of some different place to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, we appreciate your kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Francesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoy staying here when we come down to West Lafayette for an event - or just for fun. Lobby is inviting. Rooms are clean and well-maintained. Beds and pillows are comfortable. Also like having thermostat to control the temperature. When you have the view toward the river, it's really special!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for the outstanding review and for being a loyal customer. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly staff made my visit to Lafayette more pleasurable. The room clean which was reflected in the hotels overall appearance. Breakfast was over and above the normal for this chain. Overall I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed October 2012
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn/West Lafayette. We hope to see you again in the future.

Newburgh, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel has the luxury of having a great location to campus which is enhanced by it's shuttle service. An unlike other hotels in the immediate area, the rooms are very nice and clean. However I think they are really starting to get too pricey. Resent trip was minimum two night stay for $265/night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed 1 night in early September 2012 for business.

Above Expectations:
(+) Location. (Very close to Purdue)
(+) Room. (Large. Comfortable. Flat-screen tv w/ HBO)

Expected (for better or worse):
(^^) Staff. (Generally courteous and attentive)

Below Expectations:
(-) Parking. (While free, the garage is tricky to access)
(-) Internet. (S-L-O-W)
(-) Food. (Breakfast was expensive and fruit-fly-infested)
(-) Exercise Room. (2 of 4 machines broken)

Note: Toilet started running after 1 flush - took 2 hrs. to get housekeeping to fix. The parking situation is a bit dicey as the garage isn't technically attached to the building. Location is very good if you are visiting Purdue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGIGenMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on our hotel, we appreciate our guests comments. I apologize that internet access was of concern during your time with us; as we do offer a 1.800 number specifically dedicated to assisting our guests. I have touched base with both our provider and the customer service line to ensure that they are aware of the opportunity and making upgrades to the system so this doesn’t happen to anyone else. The health and safety of our guests is also a top concern. We work with a local pest control company in case any issues occur. We assure you this situation is being handled. I’ve alerted our maintenance team to the broken exercise equipment so we can make any necessary repairsand they indicated that we are just waiting on the parts to come in to make the reapirs. I’m also very sorry for that it took so long to service your broken bathroom toilet. Thank you for letting me know, so we can make improve our guest experience. I appreciate your comments and hope that you will choose the Hilton Garden Inn again on your next visit.

Christy Kuntz

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - West Lafayette? Share your experiences!