“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in West Lafayette
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Pulled the sheet to check for bed bugs upon arrival and found horrible blood stains on the mattresses. Ugh! The air conditioner made a clicking noise for a couple hours as it stopped working. It probably froze up from being dirty.

• Stayed July 2012

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were in area for graduation party..I made several reservations for family members which had to be changed more than twice. Staff were extremely helpful and considerate when calling them to change the reservations.. In addition when a hair dryer didn't work at 10:30 at night, staff found me one that did. Room was clean. For travelers it is just off interstate 65 which makes it convenient location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is old and worn BUT you can tell it's CLEAN. The staff was friendly and helpful. Location was good. Right off the highway. Gas station, Taco Bell and Mcdonald's were all right there. If you need a place to park your carcass for the night, it's a good deal.

• Stayed September 2011
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

The GM for this hotel (Jack) listed the room as $16.00 for the night. I made the reservation, it was secured via my credit card, and i got a confirmation stating that it was $18 after tax. When we arrived, Jack said that HE made an error and that we owed $160, not $16. Because there were other customers behind me waiting to check in, he let me go to the room, unpack, and then called 15 minutes later to kick me out. He said if I wouldnt pay extra I couldnt keep MY RESERVATION! He started making threats about how we had security cameras and was going to charge my credit card ("I already have your number on file!) if he saw me enter the hotel to crash with another guest. Now, I am traveling 3 hours out of town. Its football weekend. There are NO hotels. And I can't afford this insane $144 markup. SO, I am left to SLEEP IN MY CAR based on his error! Another guest in the lobby was as appauled as I was. He even admitted it was his mistake but still would not honor the reservation. I am dissgusted, absolutely disgusted at this "service"

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

bedbugs in room 122, stay away!!! And I saw the stuff just put bath towels on the floor in their cleaning room(after cleaned).............

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Chose this hotel based on closest location to my destination, price, and previous review, and this fit everything I was looking for. There was a small field across the driveway which was suitable for dog walking and letting them stretch their legs off leash. Room was clean and everything worked. Bed linens typically thin as for this class hotel, towels thin and scratchy, as expected. No issues with Wi-Fi connection.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I've traveled a lot and encountered a lot of seedy, scummy "value motels." This is what I was expected at the Econo Lodge, but this trip was important, my wallet was light, and I figured, "Hey, I can put up with anything, you get what you pay for, whatever." Nope...I got WAY more than I paid for! The room was spacious, clean, and well-appointed; a fridge AND a microwave? Fabulous! The WiFi is sharp and clear (I've been to far more expensive "quality" motels where it fritzes out constantly), there are plenty of fast food joints all around, and the staff was incredibly courteous and helpful! I got a smoking room, it smelled perfectly fine. The heat and cooling system's crackerjack, the whole room's heated or cooled in minutes! And all this for around fifty bucks a night! I HIGHLY recommend this place, I'll definitely be making all my reservations here when I come to Lafayette (which will be pretty often).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!