“I'd drive 100 miles for their fried mushrooms” 4 of 5 stars

j810 S State Rd. 57, Washington, IN
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurants are very limited in Washington, IN. Bobe's has been here for quite sometime and the sandwiches and pizza are good,however, I don't recommend the restaurant as it is overpriced for the quality of the food.
Petersburg, Indiana
“I'd drive 100 miles for their fried mushrooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'll start with the deep fried portobello mushrooms because they are in a class by themselves. My favorite kind of fried mushrooms are in-season morels that I find in the nearby woods but they have managed to capture that same taste with their fried portobellos. I've never had anything like them anywhere else.
The service here is always friendly and speedy but you'd better get there early if you don't want to stand in line. I'm not crazy about the whole eating area being one giant open space but that seems to work for them.
My wife's favorite is their stuffed ravioli and she orders it nearly every time. I'm not a big pizza fan but I do like theirs. My favorite is their steaks served only Tuesday through Thursday. I ate the best delmonico I've ever eaten there. Ruth's Chris watch out! These people know how to cook steaks. The fish is also delicious here. The decor is nothing special but people come here for the food, not the eye appeal. Bobe's is a great place to bring families.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Best Baked Spaghetti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The steaks do look great but I've never had one. I can't seem to get anything but the baked spaghetti (with three meatballs). The best I've ever had. The beverage prices are very reasonable. I hate being in town on Monday nights though, since they are closed Monday's.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, Indiana
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great place! The steaks that are served during the week are very pricey but big enough to share. The fish is out of this world and the pizza is the restaurant specialty!

Visited June 2012
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

They r closed on Monday but on Tuesday Wensday and Thursday they have steak pasta and pizza. On Friday and Saturday they just have pasta pizza and salads. They also have salads on steak nights. If u go on a Sunday night u get a free cookie with ur meal

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Celestine, IN
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Excellent food. Good prices. The biggest problem with this place is everyone knows about it and the wait times during the busy hours can be pretty bad.

Visited June 2012