“Probably won't be back.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 31 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American
Petersburg, Indiana
“Probably won't be back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This restaurant building has been everything from a chain steakhouse to a semi-gourmet restaurant and is now a family type restaurant with a fairly extensive menu. We had eaten there in the past and had decent experiences until the last time. My wife ordered the beef stew. It was terrible. If I were guessing I would think it had come from a can of Dinty Moore. Everything in it was mushy and bland. She only ate a couple of bites. We complained to the waitress and the checkout person who didn't seem to care whether we liked it or not. No refund on our bill was ever offered. This is no way to bring customers back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Washington, Indiana
“excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times with my grandchildren and with friends. They always have friendly waitstaff and prompt service. Very reasonable prices, especially for the amount of food you receive.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Weehawken, New Jersey
“A better than average small town restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I eat here when visiting family in Washington. I must admit that I have only eaten breakfast here, so base my review on that.

It is a simple place with a ordinary menu, but the restaurant just works. One should not expect a Chart House in a small town like Washington, but one should expect good service and good food. The Washington Family Restaurant does that, and often with great food. The staff is always in a happy mood and the food comes out better than expected, especially some of the breakfast skillets that I've had.

Overall, this is a better than average, but not perfect, restaurant. If you are in town, I would definitely recommend it, especially for breakfast.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
trish58
“small town restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We don't have many restaurants in Washington. Washington Family Restaurant has given itself a facelift and is looking very nice inside these days. Most of the waitresses are friendly and efficient at their job. They are doing a good job in trying to offer a complete menu to the people of Daviess County. We only go for breakfast but they have a good variety of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are visiting in the area check them out. It sure beats the fast food restaurants.

• Visited October 2011