“A bit disappointed, food was fair.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 81 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Mexican
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A bit disappointed, food was fair.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

So excited to find this Mexican Restaurant when we were staying in Warsaw. Finally a Mexican Restaurant that doesn't order from the same supplier as every other one in the USA! I was even more thrilled that they had a website so I checked it out from our hotel room. They had real grilled chicken, not that squiggly looking chicken. We decided on a grilled chicken taco salad and a ground beef taco salad. We figured they are generally "cold" when you eat them anyway and since we were dining carry out we didn't have much of a way to keep anything hot.

The salad was a good size but not much in it except lettuce, I saw a couple of pieces of green pepper but that was it. The taco shell bowl was good, although a little overdone. The chicken was good, just not very much of it.

They make their ranch dressing in-house and it was very good. They even serve it with their chips, which were just okay. Better than some but not the best I have ever had.

Prices were typical.

No real complaints just an "okay" dinner.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Indiana
“Just not a favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

There are better places in town for Mexican food (in my opinion). They charge extra for so many little things. Just not my go to place.

Visited September 2012
plymoutn, in
“Identitly Stolen Dec 2012 At this resturant.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Used to eat here all the time till our identity was stolen at this place. It occurred the same exact time as the breach in December 2012 that made the news for the Haciendas in South Bend. Since we went to the Warsaw Hacienda corporate gave us the run around in admitting they caused the breach. If you heard about a thing called leading questions then I got leading answers when I confronted corporate about this. In other words I would describe an event and the corporate guy would interrupt and say, “that is not the exact pattern we saw”. Everything was always VERY similar but not close everytime I said something. Thus leading answers with my suspicion being that they lie just to cover up the bigger picture – especially after they already leaked the ‘limited’ breach to the press. It was not limited to just the two stores so it will be a long time before we return. The way the charges happened on my cc I have no doubt it was Hacienda with the problem.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Goshen, Indiana
“Not What it USED to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Oh my how Hacci (as we call it) has gone downhill. The saving grace is the mudslide dessert with it's warm chocolate chip cookie base! We waited for our waitress (not her fault, hostess failed to tell her she had a new table) way too long but once she got there she was very good and made my son's 15th birthday a good one as he really wanted a sombrero and be sung to.
This is not for you if you are looking for authentic Mexican. The food was so much better years ago as were the chips and salsa. I feel like they are using far less superior ingredents. The entrees are watery, salsa not as faloroful and dining area not as clean.

Miss the old days of warm chips and mouth watering burritos and enchiladas.

Visited January 2013
Shelby Township MI
“Average chain but good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visited here in December as I was in town for business and alone. There is not many choices in Warsaw so I had my misgivings about eating here.
The restaurant was very busy, I sat at the bar. The food is the usual Mexican chain fare but priced less than other chains in large cities.

The bartender was very attentive, she suggested daily drink specials as well as entree's I may find of interest My food came promptly and was prepared better than I had hoped for.
Although the bartender had to work the bar, carry out and tend other guests she offered very good service. I will likely be back.

• Visited December 2012