“Sliding down” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Tyler, Texas
“Sliding down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

The title of the review has two meanings. One of the meanings is for the quality. The quality is sliding down based on my last visit. The second meaning concerns the food itself, is was so greasy that it slid down on its own. My wife and I got cheese burgers and fries, and my daughter got a chili cheese dog and fries. The fries was incredibly greasy. The same could be said for the burgers. The wrappers were soaked in grease when we took them out of the bag. It didn't appear that the griddle had been cleaned off in awhile, either that or the burgers were about 30% fat. The chili cheese dog was the worst of the bunch. I'm not a hot dog fan, but I do know they should be red, or at least pink. The hot dog was a shade of grey. The chili was basically beans, and the cheese looked like the soft cheese used for nachos instead of the shredded kind you usually get.
We would stop at Schoop's relatively often on our travels through this area. Based on this visit, it will be a long, long time before we stop there again. With quality in the past, I could understand their higher than average prices for this type of food, not anymore.

• Visited January 2012