“Wonderful Wabash Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Wabash B&B and Inns
Avilla, Indiana
“Wonderful Wabash Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This beautifully restored 1885 Victorian mansion, with its marble & hardwood floors, comfortable beds, original works of art, and gracious, accommodating hosts (Alan & Sandy) is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway! Herrold on Hill's proximity to downtown Wabash is great for walking to the Honeywell Center, restaurants, antique shops, and Paradise Spring Historic Park and Riverwalk.

Breakfast was lovingly prepared and elegantly served in the chandelier & candlelit dining room. We enjoyed a leisurely meal of Maine blueberries atop organic vanilla yogurt, Saigon cinnamon-sprinkled Moroccan orange slices, sunny side up quail eggs (Yes! Healthy, tiny little delicacies!) crispy kale chips, tangerine citrus juice, hot tea, and baked cinnamon pecan French toast with sliced, fresh strawberries. Everything was scrumptious!

We definitely recommend Herrold on HIll, and hope to return in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fairland, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Alan and Sandy took such great care of me. The room was clean, comfortable and beautiful. I stayed on Valentine's Day, so when I arrived I had a wonderful meal, graciously served by Sandy and Alan. Delicious! I was offered a sweet or savory breakfast. I chose savory and was treated to a healthy Eggs Benedict with quail eggs, yogurt, tangerine juice and asparagus. I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Herrold on Hill this spring. The B&B is in an idyllic location a couple of blocks from the Honeywell Center and Dr. James Historic Home, a couple more from Historic Downtown (Eagles Theater, Wabash County Historical Museum, Green Hat Bar, Wine Tasting Room, Twenty, Market Street Grill, antique shops, etc.), as well as, a few blocks from the Wabash City park with trails and views of Charley Creek and Paradise Spring Historical Park with views of the Wabash River and links to the Wabash River Walk trail.

The hosts, Alan and Sandy, are friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was delicious and presented in the dining room or on the porch. My bedroom was lovely, the bed comfortable and the sheets cozy. After breakfast, I walked everywhere to take in the nearby sites. Wabash has an interesting founding culture and part of this can be seen in the architecture of the buildings and homes. Herrold on Hill, built in 1885, is a wonderful example. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Herrold on Hill was the perfect place for a girls weekend getaway! Upon arrival we were graciously welcomed by our hosts, Sandy and Alan. Our room was clean and cozy, and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. Being on the first floor, close to the train tracks, I was a little worried about the noise, but we didn't hear a thing and I was happy to see a fan in our room:) Our breakfast was incredible both mornings....portabella mushroom and camembert cheese omelets, crunchy french toast with fresh blackberries and creme fraiche, and a refreshing beet and tomato juice with fresh horseradish. The coffee was plentiful with fresh cream and organic cane sugar to add. The shower was supplied with several bottles of L'OCCITANE shower gels and shampoo/conditioner. There were so many little touches that made our stay at Herrold on Hill so very special and memorable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Herrold on Hill offers above and beyond excellent service and accommodations. The comfort and elegance of the rooms are incredible. Breakfast will amaze you! I stayed two nights and each morning I was greeted with an outstanding meal. Alan & Sandy (caretakers of the B&B) prepared breakfast from items freshly purchased at the local farmers market. Presentation and taste left you wanting more! Their culinary talents are rare and exquisite!

The reason for my stay was a two night get away with two high school friends I hadn't seen in 15 years. From the moment we pulled into the drive until the moment we left, we were pampered beyond belief. The king size bed had high quality sheets and bedding. The victorian decor and high-end antiques is tastefully executed and ads to the unique experience this B&B has to offer. The complimentary shower toiletries and towels were high quality. The location of Herrold on Hill lends itself nicely to the historic shopping district of downtown Wabash.

We enjoyed coffee on the screened in patio where myself and long-time high school friends were able to chat away the morning hours.

If you are making a trip to North Eastern Indiana and are looking for an over night stay that will NOT disappoint then I encourage you to choose Herrold on Hill. You will want to return again and again or you may not ever want to leave.

Room Tip: The home is very well insulated. If you plan on coming and going often during your stay, I would re...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently traveled back to my hometown to attend a high school reunion. I was so pleased that I chose to stay at Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast. Alan and Sandy are consummate hosts. Sandy set a beautiful table (notice candles are lit, even for breakfast) and Alan fixed exquisite breakfast entrees both days.

My room was on the bottom floor. I was a little concerned about noise, but it was very quiet. All of the rooms throughout the house are nicely furnished with beautiful antiques and provide a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.

This is definitely the place I will stay whenever I return to my hometown. Thank you Alan and Sandy for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stunning home in the heart of Wabash! Clean, comfortable and beautifully styled rooms. Gourmet food (ask about the ribs...best ever!) and five-star service from our amazing hosts! Loved everything, from our sleep number bed to our round window bathroom! You should definitely plan a stay here!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!