“This is the place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Veterans and Ministers
Ranked #1 of 1 Wabash B&B and Inns
Anacortes, Washington
“This is the place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Herrold on Hill this spring. The B&B is in an idyllic location a couple of blocks from the Honeywell Center and Dr. James Historic Home, a couple more from Historic Downtown (Eagles Theater, Wabash County Historical Museum, Green Hat Bar, Wine Tasting Room, Twenty, Market Street Grill, antique shops, etc.), as well as, a few blocks from the Wabash City park with trails and views of Charley Creek and Paradise Spring Historical Park with views of the Wabash River and links to the Wabash River Walk trail.

The hosts, Alan and Sandy, are friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was delicious and presented in the dining room or on the porch. My bedroom was lovely, the bed comfortable and the sheets cozy. After breakfast, I walked everywhere to take in the nearby sites. Wabash has an interesting founding culture and part of this can be seen in the architecture of the buildings and homes. Herrold on Hill, built in 1885, is a wonderful example. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Herrold on Hill was the perfect place for a girls weekend getaway! Upon arrival we were graciously welcomed by our hosts, Sandy and Alan. Our room was clean and cozy, and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. Being on the first floor, close to the train tracks, I was a little worried about the noise, but we didn't hear a thing and I was happy to see a fan in our room:) Our breakfast was incredible both mornings....portabella mushroom and camembert cheese omelets, crunchy french toast with fresh blackberries and creme fraiche, and a refreshing beet and tomato juice with fresh horseradish. The coffee was plentiful with fresh cream and organic cane sugar to add. The shower was supplied with several bottles of L'OCCITANE shower gels and shampoo/conditioner. There were so many little touches that made our stay at Herrold on Hill so very special and memorable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Herrold on Hill offers above and beyond excellent service and accommodations. The comfort and elegance of the rooms are incredible. Breakfast will amaze you! I stayed two nights and each morning I was greeted with an outstanding meal. Alan & Sandy (caretakers of the B&B) prepared breakfast from items freshly purchased at the local farmers market. Presentation and taste left you wanting more! Their culinary talents are rare and exquisite!

The reason for my stay was a two night get away with two high school friends I hadn't seen in 15 years. From the moment we pulled into the drive until the moment we left, we were pampered beyond belief. The king size bed had high quality sheets and bedding. The victorian decor and high-end antiques is tastefully executed and ads to the unique experience this B&B has to offer. The complimentary shower toiletries and towels were high quality. The location of Herrold on Hill lends itself nicely to the historic shopping district of downtown Wabash.

We enjoyed coffee on the screened in patio where myself and long-time high school friends were able to chat away the morning hours.

If you are making a trip to North Eastern Indiana and are looking for an over night stay that will NOT disappoint then I encourage you to choose Herrold on Hill. You will want to return again and again or you may not ever want to leave.

Room Tip: The home is very well insulated. If you plan on coming and going often during your stay, I would re...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently traveled back to my hometown to attend a high school reunion. I was so pleased that I chose to stay at Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast. Alan and Sandy are consummate hosts. Sandy set a beautiful table (notice candles are lit, even for breakfast) and Alan fixed exquisite breakfast entrees both days.

My room was on the bottom floor. I was a little concerned about noise, but it was very quiet. All of the rooms throughout the house are nicely furnished with beautiful antiques and provide a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.

This is definitely the place I will stay whenever I return to my hometown. Thank you Alan and Sandy for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stunning home in the heart of Wabash! Clean, comfortable and beautifully styled rooms. Gourmet food (ask about the ribs...best ever!) and five-star service from our amazing hosts! Loved everything, from our sleep number bed to our round window bathroom! You should definitely plan a stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just returned from our stay at Herrold on Hill. What a treat! We were able to park our car near an entrance which is a real boon for unloading. After being shown to our room, we were given a tour of the house as we were the earliest guests for the day. Built in 1885, the home exudes years of care given to its upkeep. It is immaculate in every way. There is even a butler pantry with granite countertops for guests to make a cup of coffee and a fridge to store their own wine. The tour of the rooms and baths let us realize each room is unique and especially comfy. There are many original fireplaces, each with a beautifully carved mantle and tiles. On this summer evening we enjoyed sitting on the screened porch and being served tea and a homemade chocolate truffle. I must mention that the host is a gourmet chef and proved his skills at breakfast with truffled eggs with a dilled hollandaise sauce, freshly smoked Alaskan salmon, a special French toast with fresh strawberried and creme fraiche. It was all a gorgeous experience!!

Room Tip: The Red Room we had was on the main floor; other rooms are upstairs - no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Wonderful!!! The home was beautiful breakfast was amazing! Super good! I cannot thank our host enough they were super! I highly recommend. Looking forward to going with family. The area was as nice as the home. Good history and nature. Convient to walk, up hill was good exersice and fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!